Pandavas and kauravas

--- In Hastinapur ---

Pandu, had ventured deep into the forest, bow in hand. He moved silently, his keen eyes scanning for prey.

Suddenly, he spotted what he thought were deer drinking by the stream.

Without hesitation, he notched an arrow and let it fly.

The scream that followed was not that of an animal but of a human.

Pandu rushed forward, heart pounding, to find Rishi Kidamba and his wife, mortally wounded.

"Forgive me!" Pandu cried, dropping to his knees beside them. "I did not know!"

The Rishi's eyes, filled with both pain and wrath, bore into Pandu. "You have committed a grave sin, Pandu," the sage said, his voice strained. "For this, you shall be cursed. You will never be able to father children, and should you attempt to do so, it will result in your death."

Tears streamed down Pandu's face as he clasped his hands in desperation.
"Please, great sage, I beg for your forgiveness. It was a mistake made in ignorance."

But the Rishi's gaze did not soften. "Your remorse cannot undo this curse. It is your fate now," he declared before succumbing to his wounds.

Back in the grand court of Hastinapur, the air was heavy with tension.

Pandu stood tall, yet his expression was one of deep sorrow.

The assembled courtiers and his family watched him with bated breath."I have decided to renounce the crown and the kingdom," Pandu announced, his voice steady but laden with grief. "This curse leaves me no choice."

Bhishma, his grandfather, stepped forward, his eyes wide with alarm. "Pandu, reconsider! The kingdom needs you. Your wisdom and strength are irreplaceable."

Satyavati, his queen mother, approached with tears in her eyes. "My son, don't leave us. There must be another way."

But Pandu shook his head, his resolve unshakable. "My mind is made up. I cannot stay here knowing I have committed a grave sin. Bhrata Dhritarashtra shall be crowned in my place."

Dhritarashtra, his elder brother, looked at him with a mixture of reluctance and duty. "Anuj, are you certain? This burden is heavy."

Pandu placed a hand on Dhritarashtra's shoulder. "I am certain. This is the only path left for me," he said softly.

Followed by his wives kunti and madri, they renounced the luxurious life.