Oblivion Bay Part One

The next morning Gipsy walked out onto the beach to see Tacit looked like he had given up on life and just wanted to die. Gipsy walked up to the mark three cautiously and noticed how similar he looked to her when she fell onto the beach in Alaska after defeating the category three Kaiju, Knifehead.

"Tacit." Gipsy said and the mark III twitched it's fingers.

She could feel the hate emitting off of the mark III as she approached him. As soon as she got close to his hand he gently smacked her with his finger which knocked her backwards a bit and onto her back.

"Look, I'm sorry for what I said." Gipsy said and Tacit didn't move. Gipsy approached him again and avoided his arm.

She noticed his other arm was resting in the ocean. The waves went over his dark blue and steel grey fingers. "Tacit please. I'm sorry, I truly am." Gipsy said and Tacit moved.

This time he moved his conn pod slightly to look at her.

"Oh really?" He suddenly asked. "So you calling me a "washout excuse of a mark three" isn't a big deal?" He stated anger in his voice.

"Please, I didn't mean to say that, just please come back inside the shatterdome." Gipsy begged and Tacit answered with.

"No."

Gipsy stared up at him in disbelief at what he just said.

"I'm not needed anymore, the Kaiju War is done, Jaegers aren't needed anymore, so just take me to Oblivion Bay, so I can rust in piece."

Tacit then turned off his reactor core and his visor went dark, going into some kind of sleep mode. As Gipsy then looked at the Canadian Jaeger as he stopped moving entirely with a somber look on her face and she turned and walked into the shatterdome.

"Any luck?" Raleigh asked and Gipsy shook her head sombrely.

"He just wants to 'rust in peace' in Oblivion Bay,  since he thinks he's not needed anymore." Gipsy said simply but sadly at the same time.

"Coyote, Sierra why don't you two talk him out of basically just killing himself." Raleigh suggested and the two nodded and walked down to the place Tacit lay.

"Hey big guy." Sierra said touching Tacit on the hand, but he didn't respond. "Tacit, don't be like this." Sierra begged.

"I don't want to see my best friend decide to kill himself because of something someone said when they didn't mean it." Sierra said resting his hand on Tacit's metallic hand.

Feeling the cold metal.

"Tacit, I know I didn't get to meet you before this but. Suicide is not an option if you're depressed or upset, you should talk about it. With friends and family." Coyote said joining in but Tacit continued to remain silent and not move.

"He's not going to listen." Sierra said pulling his hand away from Tacid's. "If he's dead set on doing this then fine. But I just want him to know that he's a hero, and heroes don't deserve this fate." Sierra continued as he began to walk away, head hung low in sadness.

Coyote looked at Tacit and then Sierra and then walked away as well. However suddenly they heard Tacit's reactor core suddenly power up as he slowly and shakily got to his feet.

The mark three then walked past the two and into the shatterdome. Gipsy avoided his gaze the whole time as he walked into his hanger bay.

"Hey everyone I have an announcement to make." Sierra said as he walked up to them.

"What is it, Sierra?" Cherno asked and Sierra then said.

"We need to find our old hulls. In Oblivion Bay."