Return of The Jaeger Program Part 1

Gipsy yawned as she dragged herself out of bed the next morning as she looked in the mirror in her room she noticed her hair was in a mess. She let out a sigh of annoyance as she grabbed her hair brush and started to comb it out. However that's when everyone was called down to the hanger bay.

Gipsy noticed that Tacit looked like he had just woken up as well, with his facial expression basically screamed "I don't want to talk to anyone right now". "What's going on?" Coyote asked.

"I don't know." Crimson responded and he looked up as Stacker and Herc motioned for silence.

"You're attention everyone." Herc started. "Now, I know you're wondering why you're all back here, I'm here to tell you that our last battle with the kaiju had not gone unnoticed by the United Nations."

Murmurs rippled through the crowd of J-tech, shatterdome shock troopers, and rangers while Sierra facepalmed.

"However as you know from the last few days of the war, we were given eight months to pack up and ship out. I'm here to tell you that those eight months have finally come." After Herc finished talking, cries of unison erupted and Herc raised a hand so he could continue.

"The UN however have decided to send an official over to view the shatterdome and see if it is necessary to keep open." Herc said.

"So what that mean?" Cherno called out.

"It means that in a few days we're going to have someone come and look at the shatterdome." Herc said. "Which means Cherno, you and the six other Jaegers will remain in Jaeger form for the whole duration."

"What?!" All the Jaegers but Tacit cried out.

"You can't be serious!" Gipsy protested.

"It's not fair!" Striker chimed in.

"It will only be for a day or two. After that you can go back to being whatever form you prefer." Herc said.

"How are you not reacting to this like we are?" Gipsy asked elbowing Tacit in the stomach lightly.

"Because I've remained in Jaeger form longer then most of you guys, and plus I stood still for a good while." Tacit answered with a shrug.

"Besides, I'm not particularly attached to this body." 

"That means no time with our pilots until the official leaves." Coyote said.

"I'm afraid so, however our 'Phoenixes' if you will. Stacker, Lauren, Tamsin, Chuck, Aria, Aleksis, Hu, Jin, Cheung, Sasha, Jeannie, Hayley, Vivian, and Yancy will need to hide as well." Herc said as Sierra looked at Aria who was holding hands with Lauren.

"The world thinks we're dead." Hu said. "It'd be a bad idea if they found out that we were alive at this moment."

"You won't have to worry about me much longer, marshal." Yancy said. "I'll be out of here soon."

"No." Gipsy growled out.

"Gips, I don't have a choice."

"Doesn't mean I'm going to like it." Gipsy growled.

"I have to find a way to make him stay." Gipsy thought to herself.

"So it's settled." Herc said. "Jaegers will head to their hanger bays and Phoenixes will stay out of sight, you're all dismissed."

Gipsy then lay on her bed looking up at the ceiling as she thought of a way to make Yancy stay and she finally got it.

The next day Gipsy walked to her hanger bay in her full Jaeger form as she watched Tacit stand in his hanger bay completely motionless and silent, he was almost like a statue, but of course, living.