Family Reunion

"So what exactly are you doing here?" Jazmine asked. "Yancy'a dead and Raleigh won't talk to me."

"Maybe because you clocked him in the head with a hair dryer?" Gipsy thought to herself.

"Well it's just that... Raleigh seemed a bit down recently. Since Yancy is gone I thought maybe if he had another family member talk to..." Gipsy started.

"So I take it you know mom and dad are dead too."

"Kinda, yeah."

Jazmine shook her head.

"You seem to know a lot about my family... but I know nothing about you." She said. "What's your full name?"

"I... I think it'd be best if you didn't know." Gipsy admitted.

"That's not fair."

"You'll freak out."

"Try me."

Gipsy shook her head vigorously.

Jazmine frowned... Raleigh's frown. Gipsy noticed and sighed.

"Fine... you're going to tell me sometime though, that's assured."

"I wouldn't put it past you." Gipsy agreed. "Neither Yancy or Raleigh would either."

The Jaeger rubbed her arms, trying to warm up. Cold was a new feeling to her. She never felt cold before... well, cold and wet.

She wasn't a fan.

Jazmine noticed that Gipsy was uncomfortable. She got up from the table and walked to the kitchen, returning from it with a pot of coffee and two mugs.

"Would you like some coffee?" She asked.

Gipsy cocked her head.

"It smells good." She started. "But I've never had it.. I've seen Raleigh and Mako have it before."

"First time for everything." Jazmine smiled.

Gipsy gave a soft laugh.

"Yeah I guess." She answered as Jazmine poured the dark liquid into a cup.

"Just be careful, it's hot." Jazmine warned as Gipsy grabbed the cup gently with both of her hands.

Gipsy gave a smile as she lifted the cup to her lips. Jazmine was nice, she liked her a lot. She wondered why Yancy and Raleigh had a falling out with her.

She sipped the coffee and immediately started choking.

"Ugh!" She shuddered, setting the cup down. "That's nasty."

"It's an acquired taste." Jazmine shrugged, taking a sip from her own cup. "You'll get used to it."

"Maybe sooner then you think." Gipsy thought to herself. "Seeing as both my pilots like it."

But did Yancy?

Gipsy remembered that the elder pilot never touched the stuff, instead opting for something else.

None of her pilots told her what it was.

Maybe she'd take after him?

"So... what do you expect me to do?" Jazmine asked.

"I... I wanted you to come back with me." Gipsy admitted. "To Hong Kong."

Jazmine frowned.

"I have two kids to take care of." She said. "I can't go off with someone I don't even know across the ocean."

"Raleigh would really appreciate it." Gipsy offered. "And he'd get a chance to meet his sister's children."

Jazmine paused, thinking.

"I've got transportation back." Gipsy added. "Have they ever rode inside a V-50 Jumphawk?"

"The helicopters that transport Jaegers!?" Jazmine's son, Matt gasped from around the corner.

"Seems like someone was eavesdropping." Jazmine growled dryly.

"And Laura too!" Matt protested, dragging his sister out. "We have an uncle, mommy?"

Jazmine closed an eye.

Uncle... that was a new one for Gipsy.

She'd ask Raleigh, Mako, and Yancy about it.

"Yes, Matt." Jazmine sighed. "You had two of them."

"Where!?"

"Ones in Hong Kong." Jazmine said. "The other... isn't with us."

So uncle was a title of a family member then.

"What happened to him?"

"He died, Laura."

"How?"

Gipsy looked at Jazmine, who had closed her eyes.

"You remember the Jaegers." Gipsy said, kneeling down to Matt and Laura's level.

They nodded.

"Your uncles were Jaeger pilots." Gipsy finished.

The twin's eyes went wide.

"REALLY!?" They squealed.

"Really." Gipsy answered. "Raleigh still is."

They turned to their mother.

"Please mommy please can we go!?" They both begged. "We want to see unca Raleigh."

Jazmine shot Gipsy a exasperated glare as if saying "this is all your fault".

Gipsy shot her a smug smile in response.

The woman sighed.

"Fine." She grumbled. "But on one condition."

She glared at Gipsy.

"You tell me what your last name is."

"I was hoping you'd wait until we were back at the Shatterdome." Gipsy sighed, pushing back her long black hair. "My last name is Becket."

Jazmine's eyes went wide.

"No, I'm not your parents child. Raleigh adopted me." Gipsy corrected.

Back at the Hong Kong Shatterdome a few hours later, Herc and Stacker stood in the Jaeger Hanger Bays as they watched three of the newly constructed mark five jaegers were being loaded into their hanger bays.

Two of the three were sibling units, Valor Omega and Marauder Zeus. The other was called Bracer Phoenix. They had nearly been finished by the time the funding for the program had been cut, so it made sense that they were finished first.

Striker commented that Valor and Marauder looked like cheaper versions of him, while Crimson had rudely remarked that Bracer Phoenix looked like a cheap imitation of Cherno Alpha, but had said that it's three person rig was cool.

The Marshal looked at the Jaegers as they stood looking up at the new arrivals except for Gipsy, who was no were to be found. 

"She probably went out for a stroll." Raleigh said before Herc or Stacker said anything.

However the Ranger then got a call as his cellphone buzzed in his pants pocket. 

"Hello?" He asked answering but he knew who it was already.

"GIPSY DANGER WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE YOU?!" He demanded.

"On the helipad." She answered.

"Why?" Raleigh asked.

"You'll see." Gipsy answered and then hung up.

With Raleigh looking at his phone screen with a confused look on his face.

When she entered she was nearly tackled. The three gapped at the nearly seven foot tall shock blond haired man hugging Gipsy.

"Gipsy!" Cherno rumbled. "You gave half Shatterdome big scare."

"I... know." Gipsy grunted. "Cherno.. release! Can't... breath."

Cherno released her and looked over to Jazmine and her kids. Which were looking at Quake meridian which stood motionless.

"And who these be?" He asked.