First Day of School

A few days later, the Jaegers stood in front of the school's main doors. Gipsy shivered in her jacket and brought it closer to her.

Well, it wasn't really her's. It was Yancy's before he died. The smooth leather still carried the smell of the aftershave Yancy used.

"Y-y-you'd th-think it would be w-warmer." Striker stuttered, teeth chattering.

"Aw you poor Aussie." Gipsy teased. "Living in all that hot weather down under finally got to you."

"Y-you h-have r-room t-to ta-talk." He snapped. "W-wearing a b-bomber j-jacket."

"I was stationed in Anchorage for a good few years, it's where Yancy and Raleigh grew up." She shrugged. "About as cold as it can get, although I'm pretty sure Cherno, Tacit, or Sierra might have better cold tolerance then me."

"Speaking of t-those two," Coyote started. "Where are they?"

"We're going to be late." Crimson stated. "If he doesn't show up soon..."

"Look what Mama and Papa got me!" Cherno called coming up to his fellow Jaegers, brandishing what looked like an iPod.

Gipsy grinned as Raleigh and Mako got her one too, and it was filled with the songs they both liked.

"What songs does it have?" Gipsy asked.

"Probably Ukrainian hard house." Sierra muttered as he stood in his fall jacket with hoodie underneath it.

"Da." Cherno said simply as Tacit walked up, silent for some reason.

The bell then rang in the distance and the seven jumped.

"Everyone got their schedules?" Coyote asked his fellow Jaegers.

They all nodded, the principal, who knew about them made sure that none of the Jaegers were alone.

Thankfully they all had the same first class.

"We better get going before we all get in trouble." Crimson said and his fellow Jaegers agreed.

"Race ya!" Striker called as he ran off to their home room, followed by Gipsy and Crimson with Sierra and Tacit following closely behind.

Coyote followed after then with Cherno being the slowest but that was due to his armour plating which had transferred over to his human form.

Unless it was related to baths.

"That's not fair!" Cherno bellowed as he charged after them. "Striker!"

The mark five howled with lowered with laughter as he zipped through the doors.

The seven teenagers looked around the hallway, finally reaching their homeroom. The teacher stepped out of the classroom and gawked at their height compared to the other students.

She was close to Sasha in height, Gipsy reckoned that she was probably in her late forties, early fifties, iron grey hair pulled back in a tight bun. Her eyes were bright, spring green that sparkled gently.

Not like the fiery gold or blue gaze of the Jaegers. It was softer like Mako or Yancy, Raleigh's eyes had to much fire.

"So you're our new students." She smiled. "I'm Mrs. Holden, I'll be your homeroom teacher."

The Jaegers greeted her politely and followed her when she walked into the classroom.

Gipsy ducked as a paper airplane was thrown at her and Tacit caught it with his hand and crushed it.

The class was a madhouse, and that was putting it lightly.

"No class, settle down." The teacher said to the unruly high school students. "We have seven new students today. Gipsy Becket, Steven Hansen, Zhu Wei Tang, Afon Kaidonovsky, Tanner Pentecost, Kaiden storme, and Shawn Lewis."