13 | Childhood

[C H A P T E R 13]

Childhood

Marinette placed her hands on the big rock, searching for a button, and pushed it, the rock moved aside and made a 'grr' sound as she stepped back a little.

When the door was completely opened, she stepped inside the cave. Every step she took, the light on the wall lit up. She reached the end of the cave and brought up her hand for the fingerprint. She placed her hand and another door opened, revealing the legendary Graham de Vanily rings.

She looked at the two remaining boxes which were empty and sighed, she failed to take the rings from them. She looked at the other rings and saw they were still at their places. She needed to take the remaining rings and kept them here.

If anyone got the ten rings, the world would destroy them, and she won't let it happen, she will get the rings and lock them with the other eight inside the cave forever.

-♡♡♡-

"What did you do to her? She's not answering her call!" Pitch roared, pacing back and forth.

Volpina giggled evilly and pressed a button from her phone, a projector was turned on and it flashed the recording of his house on the wall. He looked at it and saw men holding his wife with a big tube of water behind them.

"Pitch!" her wife called which he heard from here.

"What did you do? Let her go!" he yelled at Volpina.

She chuckled in return, standing up from her seat, grabbing her flute, and walking to him until she was a few feet from him. "Why should I?"

He looked at her with a questioning look.

"You kidnap people," she started. "And now's the time I kidnap your wife, you don't even release them, why should I release your wife?"

"Think. They were just kids, you even have a five-year-old girl in your basement and your bedroom." Her voice was laced with venom and her eyes turned dark.

"You are using them for your pleasure, they were still little and deserve a childhood. They don't deserve to be treated like you treat them. What did they ever do to you? What did I ever do to you?"

He looked at his wife and back at her. "I will give you everything you want, just release her."

"Well, can you give me and their childhood life full of fun?"

He was stunned for a moment and stood there in silence.

"Don't you remember who I am?" she looked down and unclasped her mask, looking up and glaring at him. Realization struck him like a truck, "Lila?"

"Yes." She glared full of hatred, "I was just five back then, why would you treat me like that?!" she yelled, remembering all her horrible past.

"I wasn't supposed to do that, I wasn't supposed to be here, I wasn't supposed to please you, I was supposed to have my childhood!"

"Look, I'm sorry."

"Sorry won't fix anything!" she screamed, running out of breath, trying to hold herself from choking him to death.

"Now, watch this." She wiped a tear and signaled the men. They started to drag her wife to the tube and his heart dropped.

"Pitch!" she yelled.

"Don't do this, just kill me!" he said, she pulled out her flute and is divided into two, one with a small knife and the other it was the knife cover. She stabbed his leg and pushed him down.