9 | The Party

[C H A P T E R 9]

The Party

"Com'è la tua missione?" the other end of his call asked. 
[How's your mission?]

"Abbastanza bene, beh, rompono la fottuta omerta." Jack replied, sighing.
[Pretty good, well, they break the fucking omerta]

Elsa just sat on his bed, listened to him talking to his partner or something, his back was facing her and her eyes were glued on his back feeling something so fascinating just by looking at him.

"Haha, non preoccuparti, ho dato loro un'informazione falsa." The caller laughed.
[Haha, don't worry, I gave them fake information.]

"Devo ricordare a me stesso che sto parlando con la mafia furba."
[I need to remind myself I am talking to the sly mafia.]

He heard the announcement sound from the caller place, "prendi quell'aereo, ne riparleremo quando arriverai qui."
[Take that airplane, we'll talk again when you arrive here.]

"Ci vediamo alla festa."
[See you at the party.]

"Bye, Volpina." He hung up and placed his phone on the desk sighing.

Volpina, Elsa squinted her eyes with a hint of jealousy and annoyance inside her, interesting name.

Jack put on his mask and grabbed his pen, "take my black note." He ordered.

She wasn't in the mood for him ordering around her, "can't you say please or something?" she mumbled under her breath, taking the note and going to him and he heard the sentence.

His blue-icy eyes turned into a cold ones as all his body tensed when he heard that sentence, she placed down the note and he grabbed her wrist. She was startled and looked down and he already looked up at her.

He stood up from his seat and went in front of her, pinning her on the wall beside his desk. She was holding her breath all the time and watched every movement he did. His other hand was beside her head on the wall.

He looked down and stared at her intensely.

"I never say please," he started with coldness covering his tone. "Three unwritten rules you need to know about me."

"One: I will bow to no one. Two: I will beg to no one and last: I will never say please. Never was, never will." His tone was cold and dark as they kept their eye contact. "I will never break that rule to anyone, not even you, because," he clenched his jaw. "It was pathetic."

Everything seemed to be processed inside her brain, the tension was thick as they never look away but their eyes, they seemed to be drowned in their own world as his jaw was softened, and his gaze followed after. Her hand found its way to his mask slowly, her fingertips brushed across his dark-blue mask.

His eyes followed her fingers as she slowly reached it out, and her other hand was behind his head trying to unclip the mask. She didn't know why she did this, maybe she just wanted to know his face entirely or maybe she really wanted to.

He grabbed her hands and stopped her from doing so. "No," he whispered, looking up at her, "it's not the right time."

-♡♡♡-

Adrien sighed and ran his hand through his hair, he sat down on the bed and closed his eyes. He hasn't found his necklace yet, it was so important to him! How could he be so careless and lost it!

"You'll find it soon." Marinette soothingly placed her hand on his shoulder.

"I hope so." Marinette knew he was devastated, but how can she hand such a powerful thing back to him? He shouldn't even have it in the first place.