15 | What Present?

[C H A P T E R 1 5]

What Present?

Fifteen years ago

She ran as fast as her legs could take her. She knocked on each door one by one but none of them didn't care less, or maybe they just didn't want to help her at all—until she stopped at a house and tried her luck and knocked on the door.

"Excuse me! Anyone?" She knocked and called with her panting breath and soon the door opened.

A man in his sixties or seventies stood at the door and quickly welcomed her in upon seeing her condition—tired eyes, ripped clothes, scratches, bloody feet, and so on. She sighed in relief and took a step in before collapsing down the floor.

The girl from inside the house gasped and quickly went to her and helped her.

"Take her to the guest room, Marinette." The man spoke.

-♡♡♡-

The girl fluttered open her eyes and sighed, remembering all the memories of why she was here. She rubbed her eyes got up slowly and inspected the room. The door cracked open and her head slowly turned towards the door and saw a girl around her age walking in.

She has midnight blue hair, deep-blue ocean eyes, and a cute dress on her. She was holding a tray and placed it on the nightstand—beside the bed—before turning to the girl.

"You passed out and I took you here. Sorry, but I change your clothes since it was messy." She smiled sheepishly.

The girl smiled warmly, "No problem, you're helping anyway, thank you."

She giggled, "What's your name? I'm Marinette Serenity Fu."

"I'm Elsa Lilac." The girl introduced herself.

"So, what brings you here?"

"Long story, basically my dad messed something up and I was forced to run to other places."

"You can stay here as long as you are my best friend." Marinette offered and winked.

"You look like a nice person to befriend, so why not?"

Marinette chuckled, "That man who opens your door is my grandpa."

"What about your parents?"

"I don't know and I never wanted to know, probably abandoned me after I was born, nonetheless, it was nice living with my grandpa."

Elsa smiled, "We're about to be twins since my parents also got stuck into something."

Marinette chuckled, "Don't be like that, your parents will be alright, they'll find you again in the future."

Elsa just smiled in return and looked down at the mattress, I hope so.

-♡♡♡-

Years passed and yeah, her parents never came to find her it was reported on the news that her parents were killed. Elsa saw that too and she can't do anything about it. She knew that day would come and it was hard for her to receive the news even when she tried to hide it like it was nothing.

Elsa's mind kept on replaying the last thing her mom told her; save yourself, honey, we can't hold them back any longer, run and live your life, live happily. If we can, we'll try to find you okay? I love you.

She kissed Elsa's forehead and pushed her away. Just like that, she ran and stumbled into Marinette's. She sighed and blinked away her tears. She didn't know what caused this to happen to her parents but it must be something associated with the mafias.