Prologue

THE FEAR of being socially judged is one of the most common forms of insecurity. Some people feel self-conscious, anxious, and fearful when in front of others. Some are afraid to interact with others because they might harm anyone.

In order for people to fit in this society, you have to be beautiful and perfect. It sucks because you have to please for them to accept you.

It's hard to born in this society. No one will accept you if you're not pretty, rich, sexy, powerful and other perfect things for the eye of the perfectionist people.

If you don't reach their standard, they will look down on you. If you are not enough for there likings, no one will also like you. In this world, you have to be perfect in their eyes so that you'll be accepted.

Yes, some may still look in the attitude but we can't deny the fact na kapag pangit ka, kaunti tao lang ang magugustuhan ka. Hindi ko nilalahat pero piling tao na lang talaga ang kakaibiganin ka, ang iba, ibang intensyon na.

I sighed while fixing my bangs. I have pimples in my forehead at itong pagba-bangs na lang ang naging silbing pantakip noon. Hindi naman marami ang pimples ko, it's just they're in my forehead at masakit siya kapag aksidenteng nahahawakan. Too much for a glow up. Hindi ako tinamaan noon.

“Erie! Why don't you try searching on internet about pimples? Try searching what's the solution in that! Hygiene! You should now know a proper hygiene! You're in your college life now! You act like your still a teen! Diyos ko naman anak!”

I look down after hearing her words. I understand my mother, I know she just want what's the best for me. Pero hindi ko maintindihan minsan kung bakit palagi n'yang pinupuna ang mukha ko. Is it my fault if tinubuan ako ng pimples?

“Yes, mommy.”

She sighed and nodded. She stood up on her seat and turn her way back on me.

“I'll go now. You should be like your ate, Erie. Eirah's a model. Ask her what's the solution of that. Don't go out of the house without informing your brothers and sister.”

“Yes, my.” I whispered slowly.

I was born in these ‘perfect’ family, they said. A perfect family where perfectionist were born. You have to fitted in order for you to be accepted. You have to set your standard so high. You have to be perfect in the eyes of others. You have to beautiful for them to acknowledge you. And it's tiring. Tiring to pretend everyday.

I'm tired asking myself why did I became part of this family? It's always sucks. Nakakapagod. I am pretty, that's what other said but I was not in front of my family. I am pretty, yes, but not as pretty as my sister, who's an international model, artist, vlogger and influencer. Minsan pa nga, nagtataka ang ibang tao. Bakit daw kami naging magkapatid e ang layo-layo ng mukha namin. And I'm dead tired for the comparing. It's like an unending cycle.

I realized.. no one would ever accept you if you were neglected by the society.

ERIE can you pass my papers? Tutal ipapasa mo na rin naman 'yan kay Mrs. Del Rosario 'di ba?” Anissa, one of my classmates, said.

Tumango na lang ako. I had no choice. Hawak ko na ang papel. Besides, I don't want to say no because she'll attack me again. I'm growing of their unending judgements.