chapter 01.

sinful

sinful.
⸻ [ 章 01 ] 。
the sun. ❜

||

- sohyun pov.

"Thank you. Have a nice day, and enjoy your coffee!" I handed the customer two paper cups of hot, fresh made coffee.

Standing behind the counter, I waited for some seconds to check if anyone will show up. As no one came, I breathed out with a relief.

My shift was over, and I could finally go home.

I looked at the sun, it was already going down. I rushed to the staff's room to get dressed. As I was about to take off the apron, my manager burst in, and asked in a hurry. "Oh Sohyun! As you're still here, can you handle this last customer?" he gently shook his head in the counter's direction, and I looked at him with a pure confusion in my eyes.

My shift was already over, so why was he asking me to do it? Also, I had to be at home in 5 minutes, or my mom was gonna faint from the anger. She really didn't like when I was late.

"Uhm sir, I already finished my shift. I'm also in a hurry-"

"Sohyun please, just do it for me, once. I have to do some paper work, and don't have really time." I didn't really know what to say. The sun's rays where already lower than earlier, and I gulped, still looking at the window and my manager.

His teeth gritted, and he crossed his arms, "Just. Do it." the man insisted, irritated by my hesitancy.

I saw my mom's face in my mind, and the words that she told me recently, rushed through my thoughts.

"If you'll show up after the sunset, you'll be in a big trouble."

But I had no choice. I had to do that, or I'll be fired because of the insubordination. Quickly, I passed by the man, and rushed to the counter to take the order.