𝐆𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐘 𝐱 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓 - 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃, 𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐋𝐄

❝ ROSES ARE RED,CROCUSES ARE PURPLE ❞

Biting yet relaxing breezes swirled through the crispy air within the bundles of khaki leaves gripping onto the branches keeping them connected to the many trees surrounding the hilltop.

A single tree stood in the centre of the luscious mound, victim to the winds as its leaves clung on for dear life as they crunched for survival.

(Y/n) kept her back against the wooden trunk, the feeling of cracking from the plant's auburn torso tickling her spine as her (f/c) feline tail was tucked underneath to be safe from February's frosty winds.

Crocuses, daffodils, snowdrops, and many other flowers adding a variety of colour to the green landscape fluttered in the chilly breeze surrounding (Y/n)'s sheltered position.

A view of her school consumed the remainder of the landscape; many buildings spread across the land to be locally available to allow young people of her town to open doors of opportunities for future life.

Sheets of paper containing important information and books filled with the same were spread across the small amount of grass that was clean of blooming flowers, (Y/n) making sure nothing blew away in the wintry wind.

Her (e/c) eyes were fixed onto a specific page of one of her many books, processing the information as if someone was typing it into her memory like they would to a computer keyboard.

Although she hadn't looked up for a second, moments later, she knew someone was present. The violent wind had calmed slightly, like someone was blocking it from abusing the tree behind her as the sound of cracking leaves had almost come to a standstill.

Curious, she lifted her (e/c) gaze from the page for a moment, as well as frustrated she couldn't study in peace. However, her approach to the situation changed as she realised who it was...

Her crush, Gummy.

"O-oh, sorry, am I disturbing you?" Gummy stuttered nervously, taking the hint from (Y/n)'s aggravated eyes that she was clearly busy.

She smiled, a finger effortlessly holding back a string of her (h/c) hair that repeatedly blew into her view. Gummy's fingers tapped together, his feet turned in and a light shade of pink became dusted across his cheeks, waiting for an answer.

"No, it's fine."

"Really? Oh, okay..."

(Y/n) continued to smile as Gummy slowly wandered towards a battered old swing attached to the same tree his studious companion sat against. He perched onto the wooden seat without another sound, keeping his distance and keeping it quiet so as not to disturb (Y/n) again. He grasped the withered string allowing the swing to hang from the tree's highest and sturdiest branch so winter's wind wouldn't cause him to topple off (as being purely made from jelly, he didn't exactly weigh much).

Although (Y/n) needed to cram as much information into her brain as possible for her next exam, she couldn't help becoming distracted by Gummy, and somehow not caring.

Because no matter what she needed to do, or if it was something that must be done for a certain time in a case of life or death, she would still want to admire the adorably chubby green bear.

A few minutes of silence passed, with few purposeful coughs from Gummy to break the awkward quietude as the breeze began to pick up once more, swinging him back and forth a little.

(Y/n) finally decided to say something.

"We can talk you know..."

Gummy smiled in surprise. "Oh, okay. I just thought you'd need quiet for studying..."