Valentine's Surprise: Javier

Your final class of the day ended, you quickly packed up your things and headed to your dorms. The wind was extra cold today and you were quick to not spend too much time outside.

You quickly unlocked your door and shut it, smiling when you saw your boyfriend standing there.

"Hey baby," You smiled, placing your textbooks on your desk and approaching him.

"Hello, love," He murmured, kissing your cheek and hugging you with all four arms tightly. "I brought you something," He pulled back, reaching into his sweater pocket and pulling out a red card.

"Oh," You giggled, taking the card and carefully opening it.

To my beautiful partner,
I'm so lucky to have you in my life, you make me a better monster.
Would you be my valentine?
Love, Javier

This was your Javi, no silly poetry or cheesy pickup line. Your smile spurred on his own as you looked up at him.

"Yes, I will be your valentine, you dork," You wrapped your arms around his neck, pecking his lips. You leaned over and put his letter on your desk.

"I have another surprise," He mumbled against you, he pulled back grabbing a remote from your desk and hit one of the buttons.

Your fairy lights turned to a light pink glow. He then tapped his phone and your favorite romance song started to play.

He took one of your hands in his and moved the other to his shoulder. His hand slipped around your hip as he pulled you close.

Then he stepped forward, then back. Both of you move in sync around your small dorm, only looking at each other with flushed faces.

Occasionally he would spin you around, causing a fit of giggles. Then he would dip you and kiss you softly.

You danced for at least thirty minutes, he had made a playlist of your favorite songs.

As if that wasn't enough, he went to your favorite restaurant and got your favorite meal.

You sat on your bed and ate together.

"Why did you go through all this trouble just for valentine's day?" You finally asked.

"It gave me an excuse to spoil you, you don't often allow it, so I figured I could just blame it on the day." His smile was genuine as he took a big bite of his food.

"You don't have to spoil me, I don't need all those expensive things that you have, I'm okay with cards like that one, you don't need to go all out," You laughed, wiping the edge of your mouth with a napkin, motioning to the card on your right.

"That's one of the reasons why I love you," He mumbled, gazing lovingly at you. 

"You love me?" You gasped, seeing the realization hit his handsome face, he turned bright red and started stuttering.

"Well...I-uh...I suppose..." He rubbed the back of his neck, looking at his plate of food in front of him.

"I suppose I do too," You smiled, seeing the shock on his face.

Neither of you said much else, sitting in comfortable silence, eating, and then cuddling into the night.