The Wedding Plan

J U S T I N

MY QUEEN finally said 'yes!' It's been a few weeks since she said three magical letters that literally flipped me until today. Hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala na papayag siyang makasal sa akin.

Although yes, it may serve as a renewal of vows since our first wedding ceremony was legal and binding, I never took advantage of past girlfriend-boyfriend relationships. It was after all a rush decision and I want Yshi to have her chance to choose at the right age at the right time. I love her and I don't want to force her.

Although I did force my proposal on her, still I find it undeserving for her to put her single life at stake just because I wanted to and she did benefit from our secret marriage— she can be on herself without her grandmother forcing her to do something she did not want to do because I served as her legal guardian or husband. She's right under my care and I can fight my right to her, so she's off from her grandmother's claws.

"You called?" Tanong ni Aleixus ng makapasok siya sa office ko.

"Yeah," I said and sat down properly so we could talk about my most important business transaction.

"What is it for? May fund ka na ba for expansion?" Kunot-noong tanong niya. He always wanted to open another branch.

"Nope. You should focus on our new project's exposure first." I replied flatly. He is good at making money— marketing, but I need to reign his expenses. I can't go on opening branches without a solid successful rate.

He snorted and I just shook my head.

"Anyways, that wasn't what I wanted to discuss," I said and started. "I need Jillian to help me plan my wedding with her best friend slash cousin as my Yshi gorgeous bride."

He's the second one I told about it. My grandfather was static about having a real wedding. Hindi ko pa sinabi kay Daddy dahil sigurado akong malalaman ni Mommy.

"My Jillian would be very very excited." Nakangiting aniya at agad na tinawagan ang asawa.

After a minute or so, Jillian came with their friends in tow. Sabi ko na nga ba. Well, it did save me from reaching them out one by one. Amidst their excited cheers and plans, I laid out my main goal.

"Ladies, may I inform you that this will be a surprise wedding for her? I planned to make her dream wedding come true on our seventh anniversary."

"Aw... isn't he sweet?" Bresies sighed.

"Sana ganyan din ka-sweet ang asawa ko." Jillian commented that earn a protest from my brother. "Shut up." She glared at him. "Wala kang ibang ginawa kundi asarin ako."

Aleixus pouted and could not counter that. Fortunately for him, he got someone's back.

"Come on, Lia Jillian, life would be boring if you were not irritated." Sabi naman ng kaibigan nilang si Kendra. She's the youngest but she can be like this too.

"Isa ka pa." Jillian glared at her.

Kendra just smiled at her sweetly. "Mwah!" Isa din kasi siya sa kaibigan nilang madalas asarin si Jillian sa pagiging troublemaker.

"You can always return my brother to Mom. I am sure she will be more than happy to send him to the orphanage." I suggested. "The orphans need a leader."

Aleixus gasped. "Justin—"

"I like your suggestion, Justin. You do deserve to be my brother." Putol ni Jillian sa pagreklamo ni Aleixus.

We both laughed in silence when we saw Aleixus give up and just sulk in the corner.

"Why are they treating me like that?" He murmured.