17- The Break Up

— YSHI POV —

"MARGARETTE." Napilitan akong lumingon kay Tanda na prenteng nakaupo sa coffee stool niya.

"What do you want?" I asked sharply as I turn to her without bothering to go back.

"You're such a disgrace in this family." She cursed between her teeth.

Well, what's new? Lahat naman kami 'DISGRACE' sa vocabulary niya kapag may ginagawang hindi niya nagustuhan.

Disgrace to her is this, kapag inutusan ka niyang landiin yung napupusuan nyang mga investor at di mo sinunod, you will be a 'disgrace' to her.

In other words, kahit maging pokpok ka, okay lang sa kanya basta magawa mo yung pinapagawa niya. How sick can she be?

"Is there anything you want?" I asked ignoring her nonsense comments.

As I've said, laging ganun ang linya niyan. Lahat kaming apo niya, WALANG KUWENTA para sa kanya. Psh. Sanayan lang yan.

"You never told us about your boyfriend." She responded with a lop-sided smile covering her foul mood.

I silently froze on the ground. I know she'll find that out, but not this soon... to think Jace and I never dated in public places for security reason—or did we not?

"What about that?" I asked casually trying to cover up the fear that was slowly creeping me out. How did she found that out?! Anong gagawin niya kay Jace?!

"I know his little secret, Margarette. Do you want me to make him live... a living hell?" Nakangising tanong ni Tanda sakin.

I silently gritted my teeth. Always evil, Tanda. Always. Ngayon ko lang na-realize kung gano kasagad ang kasamaan niya. She disregards someone's life as long as she can have whatever she wants and pleases.

I gathered all my strength to turn to her and give her a radiant face.

"You don't have to. I will do it for you." I matched her wicked grin and leave. Nag-walk na ako at baka makita pa niya ang mga luhang pilit kong tinatago. I can't show her she got me this time.

Breaking up with Jace. Can I really do it? Parang iniisip ko pa lang ang sakit sakit na.

"That was quick, Margarette." She called out and I can hear victory in her tone. I didn't dare to turn to her but still I answered while clenching my teeth but making my voice even.

"Of course that was just a game, Elizabeth. Too bad I had to cut it short just to please you. Tsk." I replied coldly and went straight to my room.

I will never let them see me hurting and breaking. I will never let her taste the satisfaction of inflicting so much pain in me. Never will I show them the damage they can do to me.

I went to my room to pick up my phone, fetch my car at the garage and drove off away. Ayokong makita nino man na ganito ang estado ng isip ko.

Nagmamadaling umalis ako sa kotse bitbit ang phone ko at nanginginig ang kamay na tinawagan agad si Jace. Gladly, he picks the call after a second ring.

"Yshi—" bungad niya.

"Let's meet up. ASAP." Sabi ko at pinatay agad ang tawag saka tumingin sa langit. I can't stay talk to him that long. My heart is breaking.

I stare at the dark sky wishing to have the answer to this game. Why do I have to live like this?

I shook my head. No, I have to keep my head cool. I have to fix my mind set. I have to do this.

I went to the most amazing place for us. Kung saan alam kong una niyang maisip. Nasa harden na ako na lagi naming pinupuntahan at hinihintay siya. It's a pity I have to break it here. To the place where we both love. To the place who witness how much we love each other.