004. the wizard

chapter four•the wizard

Peter freezes. It must have been his tingle or whatever it's called that told him something is off. I feel it too. Otto is still struggling against his tentacles that Peter is controlling.

Dink, dink, dink.

A pumpkin bomb lands on the road. Parker looks confused, and Otto seemed to be experiencing a form of deja vu. The horror on his face is indescribable. He knows what is happening.

I have no clue what is going on, but it doesn't seem good. The cause of the bomb had to be after me, Otto, or Peter.

The bomb explodes some of the road, and Peter's iron suit activates. Smoke fills the air and flames dance along the bridge. I step forward, getting the webs off you. I'm not focused on fighting Parker right now, because I want to know what is happening.

There is an evil cackle in the distance.

When the smoke begins to fade, it is visible that there is a man hovering in the air on a glider with a shiny goblin-like mask. Otto squints, seeming to not believe what he was seeing.

"Osborn?" he gasps.

The goblin starts to fly towards us, and sparks fly through the air as the world in front of me flashes before my eyes.

***

We were teleported somewhere. Peter looks around the dark dungeons and deactivates his suit. I bang against glass, realizing that I'm in a cell.

Peter jumps back as some sort of creature lunged at him with sharp claws and razor sharp teeth. The monster doesn't hit Peter, but he hits the invisible barrier of a cell.

Otto attempts to get out of his cell, and he hits the barrier too. It is no use, but maybe I can burn the barrier. I lunge at it, trying to use my flames. Nothing comes from my hands, and I bounce back.

They have disabled our powers.

Peter jumps once again as a wizard-looking man appears behind his shoulder. Parker then whips around with a light scream. The wizard looks bruised and beaten up, and rather upset with Peter.

"Be careful what you wish for, Parker."

Otto then bangs on his cell barrier. "Let me out of here!" he demanded.

Peter looks equally as confused. "Can you please explain to me what is going on?"

I get a better look at the monster, only to realize that it is the human-sized lizard. I knew him...

Doctor Connors. But he was cured by Spider-Man years ago? Why is he back to his evil and lizard form?

"That little spell that you botched where you wanted everyone to forget that Peter Parker's Spider-Man, it started pulling in everyone who knows Peter Parker's Spider-Man from every universe into this one," he explained.

"Who are you? And where am I?" Otto yells.

I looked at Connors. "How did you get back to being a lizard?" I demand.

"Last time I saw you, you were just an average teen girl, Synne. How'd you get your powers, hm?" Connors questioned.

"Shut up," I mutter.

"I think it's better we don't engage with them because frankly the Multiverse is a concept which we know frighteningly little," the wizard whispers.

"The Multiverse is real?!"

"This shouldn't even be possible," the wizard sighs once again.

"But I thought you stopped the spell."

Otto and I shoot each other a glance of concern, then looking over at Connors.

"No, I contained it. But it would appear that a few of them squeaked through," he answers, glaring at the three of us.

Peter seems to be mind-blown, but I'm just irritated that I am locked up without my powers by a mysterious wizard and a Peter Parker from another universe.

"After you left, I detected otherwordly presence, I pursued it into the sewers where I found that slimy, green son of a gun," the wizard spoke, looking at Connors.

"Spell? As in magic? What is this, a birthday party? Who is this clown? What is this madness?" Otto demanded.

"Watch this," the wizard says, looking at Parker.

He turns to Otto and I. "Do you know a Peter Parker who's Spider-Man?"

"Yes," both of us answer.

"Is that him?" the wizard asks, pointing at Parker.

"No."

"See?"

Peter seems to  still be a bit confused, and I M dying to know what in the world is going on.

Parker and Strange spoke for a bit, and I managed to hear parts of their conversation. Peter is going to look for more "bad guys".  i wasn't paying much attention, but he called Otto, Connors, and I monsters.

"Hey! Watch your mouth!" Otto yells.

"Shut up, Parker," I snicker.

"I'm sorry but-"

"You're seriously still talking about college?" the wizard grumbles.

The wizard magically flew one of Parker's webshooters off his wrist and onto his hand. Peter dissapeared and was teleported into a cell. Finally, he's getting what he deserves. Hopefully he would stay there.

Peter attempted to get out, but failed.

"How did you do that?" Otto questioned.

"Lots of birthday parties."

"Intresting magic," I comment.

The wizard does some sort of enchantment on the webshooter and flies it back onto Peter's wrist. "Whoa," Parker gasps.

"One shot, send them back here, move on. You're welcome. Get to work."

"Sir?"

"Now what?" The wizard sighs.

"I know that this is my mess, and I swear to you that I will fix it, but I'm going to need some help."