9

Once Jeongyeon left with her driver, you decided that you would go shopping for clothes today.

Having a specific time, you can meet Mina. It kind of felt like it was going to be the last time so you decided to dress to impress after all it was Mina.

Speaking of Mina, she was taking a bath. The cold water becomes warm as time goes by. It took her at least a few hours before she could finally get her mind out of her own thoughts.

After last night, she felt extremely bothered about everything.

Did he just marry me for the sake of having children? Is that why he's treating me like this?

Mina completely forgot the fact she was arranged to the guy who's labeled as her husband now.

"I will not hear a single word from your young lady, he is a fine man that will take care of you. You can't get swayed by young romance that Y/N L/N will just hurt you like everybody else"

Her parents snapped after Mina tried to change their minds even though it was already too late because they signed the contract already.

"This school of yours, it was a huge mistake for me to even enroll you there. You are dropping out after you take your exams, that is final"

Mina loss her composure as she started screaming at her parents while sobbing uncontrollably.

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME I'M ALSO YOUR DAUGHTER, DON'T YOU EVER THINK ABOUT MY HAPPINESS FOR ONCE?!"

What Mina didn't expect was that she would get slapped by her own father who started screaming things that were all blurry for Mina.

"Y/N"

She muttered hoping that you could hear her and that you would pull her out of this situation.

"Y/N"

It's been a while since Mina muttered your name in hopes that you would hear it, that someday you could save her from the life she is now living in.

Mina was so sure that she was already satisfied with where she is but after the following events that led to this moment. All she could think about was your comfort.

"I miss you"

Feeling a shiver run down your spine, you look behind you to see no one.

That's weird

You continued looking for clothes only to receive stares after a short while.

"Is that the Jeongyeon?" "What is she doing in this store?" "Isn't she rich"

Question after question lets you look at Jeongyeon who grins happily.

"Why didn't you tell me you'll be here? I could have told my driver"

You remained calm despite being so tense with people making a fuss seeing Jeongyeon with you.

"I was planning on just buying some clothes then going back home"

You weren't really lying but at the same time you weren't completely telling the truth to your advantage because you had a way with your words you managed to make Jeongyeon believe your word.

"Then how about buying something on the second floor instead?"

The second floor of every clothing store was all very expensive, which you can't possibly afford especially when you only get so much from Jeongyeon.

"I want this instead"

Jeongyeon respects your decision as she helps you without asking any more questions which you are very thankful for.

"I was wondering Y/N, do you want to travel out of the country?"

You look at Jeongyeon as you both exit the store ignoring the not so secretive glances.

"At the moment no, I'm planning on visiting my parents soon. Ever since I lived alone, I haven't contacted my parents yet"

Jeongyeon just nodded with the driver opening the backseat of the car for the both of you.

"When are you planning to go?"

You just shrug your shoulders at this scrolling through your phone which Jeongyeon seemed to mind as she holds your jaw prompting you to face her.

"Which is more interesting, your phone or me?"

With that she places her lips on yours while you glance at the driver who minded their own business.

Jeongyeon pulls away first a glint of something you can't quite figure out shows itself.

"How about we take this to the bedroom?"

You just laughed while opening the door since you have already arrived. Your hands reaching out for the bag, Jeongyeon stealing a kiss from you.

"Mmh, you have to get work now"

You pull away after getting the shopping bags waving goodbye to Jeongyeon before closing the door, letting the car leave your sight before you go inside your house.

It was still the same house even though Jeongyeon wanted you to live with her, you didn't want to. This was your only source of freedom and Jeongyeon can't take this sole thing out of you even if it meant getting a gun pointed at you.