Flashback

Author's note: Before you start can you please check out my new original story also called Moonlight? It's a fantasy story with supernatural creatures and sorcery. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

("It will mean so much to me. It's my original story. Please read it. ")

Other than that, please enjoy your reading, and thanks for giving a chance to my stories.

(This will be pretty similar to my other story "Mistakenly Mine". I am rewriting that story again. I made a lot of mistakes with that story so that made me hate it and I stopped writing it but I am rewriting the story and I hope I don't get carried away and try to finish the story as soon as it started like I always do because I'm not really patient lol. Anyway I hope you enjoy it.)

Flashback

Damon woke up by a knock on the door. It seemed that whoever was behind it wasn't really patient. He looked at the clock. It said 4:32 AM. He groaned and got up, making his way to the door. The person who was knocking had stopped when Damon was halfway to the door. He was relieved and thought whoever was knocking left and he can go back to sleep. He turned his back and was just about making his way upstairs when he heard a cry. He vamp sped to the door and opened it immediately. He looked around and didn't see anything. The cry, he heard it again. He looked down to see a little baby crying. She was only wrapped by a pink blanket so he assumed it was a girl. He took her in his arms.

"Hey there. Little one. Where are your parents?"

The baby's cry stopped as soon as she heard his gentle and soft voice.
He brought her in and laid her down to the sofa. Than he saw something from inside the blanket. It was a letter. He took it and opened it.

"Dear Damon,
We haven't seen each other before. You must be really confused right now. Wondering about who I am or about the baby. I'm Sofia and I'm your little half-sister. You don't know me. You "died" before I was born. I too was turned into a vampire when I was 17. But something happened to me and I wasn't just a normal vampire. I also had magic. I was a witch as well. A hybrid. It turned out my mother was a very powerful witch and that's why I didn't lose my powers after I turned. She did a spell on me when I was transitioning into a vampire. That cost her, her life.
Being half-witch gave me the chance to create a family. I met someone months ago. Someone I loved dearly. He was dangerous but I gave him a chance. When I got pregnant I knew I wanted to keep the baby but I did not want his enemies to become hers so I pushed him away as much as I could but he kept coming back. He kept finding me so I hid until the baby was born. He got furious and came searching for me. There were times when he got too close, but I managed to escape. I can not do this forever so I have to give up my baby girl so she can have a better life than running. The man has sent people to catch me. I don't know their faces so I am afraid to go out. That's why I'm gonna send someone to bring the baby to you. Please protect her Damon. I am afraid that my days are counting and it won't be long till he finds me.
I wish I knew you or Stefan better, but all I know from you are stories. The stories of the Salvatore brothers.
If you don't believe me you can do a DNA test with the baby and by the way, her name is Luna. She was born today.
Even though I couldn't hold her for more, I want her to know that I loved her. Tell her I died giving birth to her. She doesn't deserve to be angry or maybe one day seek revenge. She is her father's daughter after all. I'm afraid she is gonna have a bad temper and she is gonna be a little bossy, but I know also that she is gonna be sweet and caring just like her mother.
Please, Damon. You're my last chance. I can only trust you and Stefan, but, I couldn't find him. I want Luna to be raised by a family member than strangers. I give you my word that I am not lying. I am your younger half-sister.

Yours faithfully,
Sofia Salvatore

When he finally finished the letter. He put it down and saw the baby was sleeping peacefully. He took the baby gently not wanting to wake her up.

" I believe you are my niece, but just to make sure of it we must go to the hospital to prove it."

He smiled at the infant in his arms. Not wanting to waste any more time, he walked to the hospital. He first thought of using his vampire speed, but he didn't want to wake the baby in his arms. The walk was about 15 minutes long, but they finally reached the hospital. Damon compelled two doctors to do the DNA test as fast as they could. He was not afraid to give the small sample of blood, but when the sharp needle entered Luna's small arm, he felt really bad. She immediately woke up and cried out in pain. After the doctor put a bandage on her arm to stop it from bleeding, Damon took the child in his own arms and tried calming her down. She stopped crying after half an hour when she was exhausted and went back to sleep.
It ended up being more than an hour of waiting for the results. Damon was growing impatient. When the doctors came he got up immediately.

"Finally".

The doctors gave him a letter which looked like a document.

"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting for so long. Here are the results."

Damon looked at him in the eyes.

"You will not remember a thing of me or the baby being here"

He repeated after him.

"I will not remember a thing about you or the baby being here."

Damon did the same thing with the other doctor and left the hospital with the infant in his arm. He leaned outside on the hospital wall and opened the document. It showed that Luna was indeed related to him.

"Well, I guess it was really true. You are my baby niece. My little Moon."

He smiled at the baby. She reached her small hands to touch him.

"I'm gonna buy you lots of clothes as soon as the shops open."

Author's note: Please read my other story Moonlight. It will mean so much to me. It's my original story. Please read it. 🙏