A while later

A lot of things have happened since Luna came to Mystic Falls...

Salvatore Boarding House

Damon walks into the living room and pours himself a drink. He starts to walk out but stops.

Damon: Very brave of you to come here.

He turns his head. Katherine is sitting on the couch.

Katherine: I wanted to say goodbye.

Damon: Leaving so soon?

Katherine: I know where I'm not wanted.

Damon: Don't pout. It's not attractive on a woman your age.

Katherine: (scoffs) Ouch.

Damon drinks his drink and starts to walk out of the room. Katherine super speeds in front of him.

Katherine: What, no goodbye kiss?

Damon: Why don't I kill you instead? What are you doing here?

Katherine: Nostalgia, curiosity, et cetera.

Damon: I'm better at the enigmatic one-liners, Katherine. What are you up to?

Katherine: Trust me Damon, when I'm up to something, you'll know it. Come on. Kiss me. Or kill me. Which will it be, Damon? We both know that you're only capable of one.

She gets closer towards his lips. He turns and walks away. She rushes in front of him again and grabs him by the throat. She pushes him down to the floor and lies on top of him.

Katherine: My sweet, innocent Damon.

He uses his vampire powers to get himself on top of her and grabs her by the throat. After a few seconds of hesitation, he kisses her.

Katherine: That's more like it.

They continue to kiss. Katherine super speeds Damon against the wall. She rips his shirt open. They continue kissing. Damon knocks books off a nearby table and pushes Katherine down onto the table. He continues kissing her neck, then pauses.

Damon: Okay, wait, brief pause.

Katherine casually pushes him off of her and stands up.

Damon: I have a question. Answer it and it's back to fireworks and rockets red glare. Answer it right and I'll forget the last one hundred and forty-five years that I've spent missing you. I'll forget how much I loved you, I'll forget everything and we can start over. This could be our defining moment because we have the time. That's the beauty of eternity.

He gently caresses her face.

Damon: I just need the truth, just once.

Katherine: Stop. I already know your question and its answer. The truth is...I've never loved you. It was always Stefan.

She takes his hands off her face and turns around. After a few steps, she stops at the hearing of some soft steps coming from the stairs. Soon in front of them stood Luna. Who looked pretty confused when she saw Katherine standing there.

"Hello, sweetie." Katherine smirked at her. Damon vamp sped right behind her and brought her close to him.

"You were leaving Katherine." He said coldly.

"Just about to." She walked slowly past them still carrying the same expression.

Katherine left. Luna looked up at her uncle and saw him looking sadly at her.

"What's wrong uncle Damon? Why are you sad?" Her soft little voice brought a smile to his face. It was sad but still a genuine smile.

"I am fine little Moon. You should be in bed now. It's getting late. Let's go." Luna took his hand in hers and they both made their way upstairs to her room.

As soon as they walked in, Luna run to the bed. Damon walked slowly behind her. He turned his head and looked at the desk she had in her room. Which now was messy and covered in painting supplies.

"Luna. I have told you to always clean your desk after you finish painting." Damon looked at her disappointed.

"I'm sorry. I will clean it as soon as I wake up." She smiled sweetly, hoping to get away with it.

"No, you clean it now!" Damon raised his voice while pointing to her desk.

Luna's smile faded away. Her uncle had never raised his voice at her. Something was wrong, but she did not want to make him even more upset with her so she got up slowly, not breaking eye contact with him until she reached her desk and she began to clean. Damon took a deep breath to calm himself down.

"Little Moon, I'm sorry. It's late. You can clean it tomorrow or I will just clean it myself. Sorry. Come here." He said while opening his arms waiting for her to hug him. Luna had to think about it for a few seconds until she started walking towards him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

After a few minutes of hugging, Damon tucked her in and gave her a goodnight kiss on the forehead.

"Goodnight my little Moon. Sweet dreams. I love you more than anything in this world." Damon whispered while stroking her cheek.

"I love you too uncle Damon." She said as she reached her hands out for another quick hug which he gladly accepted. Luna kissed his cheek and slowly let go of the hug.

After that Damon got up and began to clean her desk. On top of the table was a painting she had done. She was so talented. Everything she did took his breath away.

After he was done cleaning, he walked out of the room closing the door on the way out

Author's note: Please read my other story The Lost Kingdom. It will mean so much to me. It's my original story. Please read it. 🙏