The Sun Also Rises

Alaric's Residence...

Stefan enters the apartment. Katherine is sitting on the bed.

Stefan: Hello, Katherine.

She gets up.

Katherine: Two days, I've been waiting. I'm supposed to be free of Klaus' compulsion by now. He's supposed to be dead!

Stefan: We ran into complications.

Katherine: Complications?

Stefan: Doesn't really matter. I just need to find him. Do you have any idea where he might be?

She pushes him against the wall and motions for him to be quiet. Klaus and Elijah walk through the door.

Katherine: Klaus, you're back. Look who decided to come for a visit.

Klaus looks at Stefan.

Klaus: You just keep popping up, don't you? [To Katherine] Where is Luna?

Katherine: In the bedroom. She was crying. For Damon. She fell asleep.

Stefan looks down sadly and looked like Klaus did the same for a second. Stefan decides to break the silence.

Stefan: I need your help...For my brother.

Klaus: Well, whatever it is, it's gonna have to wait a tick. You see, I have an obligation to my brother that requires my immediate attention.

Elijah looks at Stefan.

Elijah: You understand how important family is, or you wouldn't be here. My brother gave me his word that he would reunite me with my own.

Klaus: And so I shall.

He stabs Elijah with a dagger. He pushes Stefan against a wall.

Klaus: Now, what am I gonna do with you?

Klaus puts a stake through Stefan. Stefan groans and buckles forward but Klaus holds him up.

Klaus: Do you feel that? It's scraping against your heart. The slightest little movement and you're dead.

Katherine: He's just trying to help his brother.

Stefan: The witches said you had a cure. Make me a deal. Just give me the cure, and I'll do whatever you want.

Klaus takes out the stake. Stefan falls to the floor. Klaus walks over to the counter, puts the dagger on it, and pours himself a glass of blood.

Klaus: Trouble is I don't know if you'd be any good to me the way you are now. You are just shy of useless.

Alaric's Residence - Moments later...

Stefan is still on the floor. Klaus has a glass of blood in his hands and crouches down to speak to him. Katherine is looking at them.

Klaus: I heard about this one vampire, crazy bloke, always on and off the wagon for decades. When he was off, he was magnificent. 1917, he went into Monterrey and wiped out an entire migrant village...A true ripper. Sound familiar?

Stefan: I haven't been that way in a very long time.

Klaus: Well, that's the vampire I can make a deal with. That is the kind of talent that I can use when I leave this town.

Stefan gets up.

Klaus: Katerina, come here.

Katherine gets closer. He takes her arm. His face changes and his eyes are yellow. He bites her.

Katherine: Aah! Aah! No. No...No. No. No.

He bites his own wrist. He makes Katherine drink his blood. Her wound heals. Klaus looks at Stefan.