Don't let him take her

Author's note: Before you start can you please check out my new original story also called Moonlight? It's a fantasy story with supernatural creatures and sorcery. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

("It will mean so much to me. It's my original story. Please read it. ")

Other than that, please enjoy your reading, and thanks for giving a chance to my stories.

The next day Klaus seemed troubled by something. He could not even look at Luna, let alone talk to her. Stefan noticed that he was quieter than usual and could sense that something was off. But he couldn't say what.

Stefan: Are we going to get breakfast for Luna?

Klaus was looking at the ground, lost in his mind while Luna was just a few steps away from them, looking around.

Stefan: Klaus?

Klaus did not answer once again.

Stefan: Klaus!

Stefan raised his voice a bit and that caught Klaus's attention.

Klaus: Hmm?

Stefan: I asked if we are going to get breakfast for Luna. She is hungry.

Klaus: When?

Stefan: Just a minute ago. I kept calling for you but you seemed lost. You, okay?

Klaus: I'm fine. 

Stefan: You, sure?

Klaus: Yeah. Why don't you get Luna and meet me in the car?

Stefan: Al...right.

Stefan was confused at why Klaus tried to avoid Luna like that. It was just too weird.

Stefan: Luna. Come. We are going to get you food.

Luna: Coming, uncle.

Luna ran to him and caught his hand chuckling.

Stefan: Wow! You're fast.

Stefan smiled and kneeled down to her level.

Stefan: [whispering] Hey do you know why Klaus is acting weird? Did something happen last night?

Luna: [whispering] I don't know. He kept looking at me weirdly and then started asking me about my parents. He got all weird when he heard my mommy's name.

Stefan: [whispering] Why so?

Luna: [whispering] I don't know. He looked kind of shocked when he heard her name. Do you think he might have known her?

Stefan: [whispering] I don't know, little one. 

Luna: [whispering] He also looked kind of sad after so I didn't bother him with questions and just went to sleep.

Stefan: [whispering] You did well. Let's keep going now or else he will get suspicious. Get to the car.

An hour later, Klaus, Stefan and Luna were eating breakfast at a local diner nearby. Stefan and Luna were talking and laughing while Klaus seemed lost in his mind again. He kept looking out the window.

Stefan: Did you know Luna's mom? 

Klaud turned his head to look at him.

Klaus: What?

Then he looked at his right side where Luna was sitting which seemed like a few seconds ago.

Klaus: Where is Luna?