24

He had been staring at the front door for the past ten minutes, psyching himself up. It wasn't that the door was locked or anything, it was more what faced him on the other side. He promised Niki he would tell Techno about his curse as soon as he got home and here he was. There was no avoiding it but that didn't stop him from trying to.

To put it simply, he was scared. Scared of the possibility that the family he loved wouldn't believe him. Yet, Techno was smart, he knew of the Greek myths and had even gifted him a children's book about it. He would understand.

Curling his shaking hand in his pocket, Tommy opened the door. Silence greeted him. The house was empty. Though, the shed light reflected against the living room glass door so Wilbur was home. He expected everyone to be in, especially as it was a Sunday evening.

Confused, he took out his phone.

Anime Man:

Tommy: where are you?

Technoblade: At work, stop texting me nerd.

Tommy: I need to talk to you

               It's urgent

Technoblade: Uh, how urgent?

Tommy: life or death

Technoblade: The latest I can get home is 1am. Maybe midnight if it's that important.

As much as he prided himself to be a patient person (he wasn't), it was justified for Tommy to be a bit impatient with how that was hours away. It would be the eighth of April by then with one day left—he couldn't wait that long.

His finger hovered over the call button, tempted to just tell him over the phone and deal with a signature 'heh?' on a phone line. But before he could force himself to do it, the glass door slid open.

Wilbur had bloodshot eyes, probably from a mixture of crying and smoking whatever shady shit he housed in that shed. His hands tremored and he froze when he noticed Tommy by the table. Yet, Wilbur focused more on the red of Tommy's sweatshirt, a dazed look in his gaze. He either hated the colour red or realised that the clothes Tommy had on were his (anything hanging on the bannister became Tommy's property, it was common knowledge).

"How'do?" he said, attempting to keep it not awkward as he nodded at Wilbur. It was weird between them, weirder than usual because of how it was two-sided now. Whatever recently fucked with Wilbur made him act strangely with Tommy.

"Are you feeling any better?" Wilbur asked, hesitant.

"Yeah, I'm not ill anymore." He fiddled with his hands as Wilbur continued to stare at the red on his shirt, almost as if he were in a trance or some sort of state.

He noted the time on his phone and bit his cheek, conflicted. It seemed like Wilbur was the only one home and technically, Niki told him to tell someone in his family and didn't specify Techno at first. Even with the dubious memories Wilbur had and the relation to his brother, it was still Wilbur. Someone he trusted more than he should for only knowing him for six months. If he were to say which member of the Crafts broke his rule of attachment first, he couldn't lie to himself and not say it was Wilbur. As with everything, it all came down to him.

Fuck it, he was going to tell Wilbur.

Tommy went to speak but the man spoke before him, "Wanna watch something?"

He closed his mouth, not expecting that.

"Watch what?" he asked as Wilbur took off his jacket.

"I don't know, you decide. I'll make drinks," and with that, Wilbur walked to the kitchen, leaving a stumped Tommy behind.