Sunny x ... no one

Sunny stared at the empty nest. "No, no." She murmured to herself. The egg that she had adopted from an orphanage was gone. Tears fell from her eyes and onto the stony floor of the cave. Clay poked his head inside Sunny's sleeping cave. "Hey Sunny! We're ready for the- oh." His face fell as he saw the empty nest. He walked over and tented his wing over her body. 

She started to bawl. The one chance she had as a mother, the one chance to give that dragonet a nice, peaceful life, gone. "I..I..It's all m..my fault!" She cried. "I w..w..wasn't watching the egg a..and I l..left it here so I c..could go visit Tsunami and now it's gone!" There wasn't any note or anything. It was just gone. She hadn't even asked someone to keep an eye on it. She should have. Ever since Fatespeaker's disappearance dragons had been kidnapped all around Pyrrhia. She buried her head in her talons, sobbing with grief.

A HiveWing was fleeing some guards. As she zipped through the winding maze of the Scorpion Den she thought about the precious cargo she was carrying. The egg was stolen from the princess of the SandWings. If she could get it back to the WaspWings she could get a lot of money and maybe Lady Bloodworm would advance her position. She ran straight into some netting and fell to the ground. She threw the egg towards the nearest safe spot she could see, a bucket of hay. It landed with a thud and she got up trying to get to it, but was surrounded by SandWings. "What is your name?" Asked one of them. "I won't tell you!" She yelled. "I am forbidden to do so." "Well," said the dragon. "My name is Onyx, general Onyx. I work for Queen Thorn and if you want to come before her majesty with all your limbs intact, I suggest you cooperate." Onyx smiled, a menacing smile. 

The HiveWing looked around at all the guards. She spotted the egg, still safe in the barrel. She was a master escape artist, she could escape and then come back. "Fine," She growled "My name is Cicada." 

One month later...

Cicada was running. She had escaped the SandWing prison and was making her way back to the Scorpion Den. When she got to the place where she had dropped the egg she was shocked to find a newly hatched dragonet and two other eggs. The dragonet chirped at her. She stared at the adorable little hybrid. She was one fourth NightWing and her eyes were pitch black. Her scales were mostly a sandy yellow color with patterns of golden yellow and black along her back like a snake. One of the other dragonets hatched. This one was an IceWing. She had bright white scales and scatterings of blue on her wings. Icy blue eyes stared up at Cicada.

Then, the last one hatched. A SeaWing. She was a deep, deep blue color with some purple and indigo. Her eyes were sky blue and she had a look of ferocity in those eyes. She opened her wings and Cicada gasped. Her wing pattern was of the royal SeaWing family. All these dragonets must be royalty! She thought. I guess a ought to name them. As she looked over the trio something inside of her softened. They didn't have a home and they were so cute. She didn't have to bring them to the WaspWings. "I'll keep you guys." She told them. "We can live here in the Scorpion Den. I'll take good care of you and train you to survive and be the dragons your parents would be proud off." She scratched the IceWing under the chin. "You can be Frost," she helped the SeaWing out of some hay, where she was stuck. "You can be Rapid," she looked over the last one. She knew this name had to be perfect. "And you will be Viper." She hoped that she would be a good enough parent to make up for the loss of their real ones.