2

•Birds eye pov•

It had been a night since the encounter of the mysterious figure. The masked proxy couldn't figure out why they'd done it. Was it trying to show off? Trying to create a rivalry? Was it trying to piss them off? Or was it just a coincidence?

Those questions kept Masky up, they wouldn't go away! He eventually decided to investigate, dressing himself in his hunting attire and slipped on his mask before silently leaving his room, avoiding every possible creek the floor and stairs could make. He'd snuck out enough times to almost memorise them completely. He managed to open the front door and escape, letting out a deep sigh of relief.

He began his long journey back to the cabin. Everything was so quiet, so still. The only thing the boy could hear was the wind and the grass crushing user his boots. The questions that lingered in his mind were seeping back in, one becoming the most prominent one. Who are they?. He didn't know whether this figure worked for Splendor, themselves, or even Zalgo. He was taking a risk returning to the cabin, he could be putting his, and the mansion's life on the line.

He walked straight for about an hour, finding his way back to the scene of the crime. Police tape was surrounding the cabin, cop cars too. But the strange thing was, nobody was there...The proxy walked to the window, peeking through. Five new corpses, all wearing police attire. Masky entered the cabin, quickly starting to examine them all. They were all shot in the head...That's when he heard it, the click of a gun.

The boy immediately spun around and pulled out his knife, the figure was here. "Why did you do this? Do you not understand that this type of reckless killing is putting our secrecy on the line?!" He started to shout, nothing was spoken back. Instead, a gunshot was fired. The proxy managed to dodge the attack, the figure taking that as a sign to start a fight.

The figure lunged itself at the masked proxy, starting to set off gunshots. It missed every single one. The proxy managed to stab the figure's dominant arm, the gun being released from the creature's tight grip. The hunting knife was removed from the figure's arm, the creature being kicked down and straddled by the proxy. He started to interrogate the thing again, keeping it's wrists pinned above its head. "EXPLAIN WHY YOU'VE DONE THIS!!" No reply. "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" No reply. The boy asked the creature more questions, no reply was given for any. The proxy eventually gave up and got off of the creature, which he could now identify as male. The boy immediately ran off, holding his forearm as he did. "I should've taken him back to him." The proxy mumbled. None of his questions were answered, instead more popped into his mind. Is he human? Does he even know about the rulers of the dark forest?

Questions played in Masky's mind as he made his way back to the 'Slender Mansion'. He once again snuck inside, avoiding every creek and moving very slowly until he managed to enter his room. He put his weapon away and took off his jacket, starting to think again as he sat on his bed. Maybe he should just let this whole figure person go...He'd never see him again anyway, right?