4

•Birds eye pov•

The mission had been completed. Many trees now had the Slender symbol carved into them, an estimate of maybe twenty? Twenty five? The two had lost count. Their knives were slid into their holsters, both hanging on their belts. It was then Masky attempted to try and get the other proxy to speak once more.

"So, do you at least have a name?" He asked, his glaring gaze on the man, who just stared back and appeared to be thinking judging by his hand and head movements. It was then the newer proxy pulled at the fabric of his bright yellow hoodie, showing it to the other like it had a stain or something imprinted on it. This action left the other proxy confused, leaving him to tilt his head to the side and squint one of his eyes slightly, even though it concealed by the darkness of his masks' eyeholes. "I don't understand?" he questioned stated in a confused tone of voice, what was he trying to do?

It was then the other proxy let go of the fabric and grabbed his hood, shaking it a little with one hand and pointing to the other. "Hood?" The masked proxy responded to his action, the other tilting his hand back and fourth, indicating he was close. "Hoodie?" The proxy guessed again, the other giving a little round of applause as an answer. His name was hoodie, strange...Masky nodded and rolled his eyes slightly, it was a stupid name but he couldn't really say anything, his was almost as bad.

"Come on, I don't want to stay out here longer than I need to." Masky spoke, turning away from Hoodie and starting to walk, the proxy quickly following him. The walk was silent, nothing at all but the sound of the grass beneath their feet and the birds chirping, getting more and more faint as they entered the deep forest. Sunlight began to fade to darkness due to the tallness of the trees above, giving the creepy illusion that it's always night in that part of the forest. That was one of the many things that scared away most people, not being able to see the things that lurk in the darkness. Some have tried to conquer the deep forest, many not returning. The few that do don't come out the same, being checked into mental hospitals and insane asylums.

The two men made their way back to the mansion, letting themselves in and immediately being called to the Operator's office due to the painful static that quickly took over their hearing, vision and minds. It didn't last long but felt like an eternity. The two did. as they were told and walked to their boss' office, Masky taking over and knocking twice to be granted entry. A familiar voice granted them to walk through the door, the wooden chunks closing behind them on their own.

"As you two are now assigned partners, I've come to another decision." He started, leaving the older proxy in slight discomfort. He didn't want to be around this other proxy more than he needed to. "I've moved your new partner into your room, Masky. Everything is already set up and I want to hear no complains, understood?" Fuck sake. "Yes sir." He responded, trying not to lash out right then and there. He didn't hate the proxy, he just severely disliked him. Which is almost on the level of hatred.

The two were excused, Masky walking away from the other proxy as soon as he got the chance. But Hoodie followed him around like a loyal mutt, not leaving him alone for one moment. The proxy eventually gave up and walked up to his room, the other following him as expected. "Don't think we're a trusted team now that we share a room, got it?" The masked proxy told Hoodie in an extremely annoyed tone, the hooded proxy nodding in silence. Masky finally opened the door after his statement, letting the other inside and following him in. He closed the cracked door behind himself and watched the proxy look at the beds, leading Masky to have to point to which one belonged to the other proxy. The boy had nothing with him, only the clothes he had now and his weapons. Masky decided he'd maybe steal the clothes off of his next victim, that is, only if the proxy became more tolerable. Maybe start speaking and he'd genuinely consider it.

------------

A/N:

Btw if you see anything that doesn't make sense with the other chapters, it's a wattpad fanfic, ignore it and pretend like you didn't notice it 🤭