12

•Birds eye pov•

Morning had arrived. Hoodie was first up out of the two, sitting up on his made up bed leaning against the wall. He heard something in the middle of the night and had been awake since.

It didn't take much longer until Masky had awoken, spotting Hoodie as soon as he opened his eyes. He grabbed his mask and slipped it on, sitting up and staring at his partner for a moment. "What are you listening to?" Masky asked, grasping the attention of his partner. "I heard voices in the middle of the night. They weren't like anyone I've heard in this house. I've been listening out since one." He replied, earning a sigh from his partner.

Masky began to get ready, Hoodie already having done so hours before. Masky gently grabbed Hoodie's hood and pulled him up, letting him out of the door first. Muffled voices could be heard, it sounded like a young girl. The two proxies looked at each other before quickly making their way downstairs, following the sound until they arrived at the door of their boss' office. They stood still as they listened, hearing what sounded like...ranting? They were too focused on what they were hearing to notice the footsteps behind them. "Hello, boys." The two jumped and turned around, staying clear of making eye contact with the creature they called their boss. "I need you inside of there to keep an eye on those two roughs I found last night." The Operator spoke, leading the two proxies to nod.

The door opened seemingly on its own, the two walking in. They were met with two others, similar to how they looked. One with a yellow hoodie with a flower sat on top of their hood and a white mask, a big red smile plastered on top. The other wearing a green shirt with heart buttons, their mask similar to the other's but with a blue smile instead of a red one. A small heart placed on the cheek of the mask also.

The door slammed, leading the two brighter proxies to flinch before standing straight and staring at their darker counterparts. "See? I told you he looks like me!" The smaller one began talking. They pointed at Hoodie while staring at their partner, the taller one starting to stare at Hoodie. Masky stepped in front of his partner, beginning to walk towards them. "What the hell are you two doing here?!" Masky knew them.

"Spring heard of a new proxy and dragged me along with her to see them. I'm assuming that's who she saw behind you." The taller proxy pointed behind Masky, crossing his arms after he did so. "I thought she'd matured." Masky responded in an annoyed tone. "Don't talk about me like I'm not here!" Spring protested, Hoodie nodding along as he moved next to the young girl. "Okay, well I'm Carnival!" The boy quickly spoke to change the subject, holding out his hand to Hoodie. He didn't take it and stared at the boy. "Your name is?" Carnival continued, silence falling upon them all for two short seconds. "His name is Hoodie. He doesn't speak around other people." Masky spoke up, Hoodie nodding at what he'd said. "Nice to meet you!" Carnival tilted his head, Spring staring in silence at Hoodie.

She couldn't get over how similar they looked! "How old are you?" "Spring!" Carnival cut her off, Hoodie stepping back as Carnival pulled Spring away. "Do you know if Slender is contacting our boss?" Carnival asked Masky, keeping Spring quiet. "I don't know. He told us to stay here and watch you two." Masky responded, the door opening shortly after he said that.

The Operator appeared, static starting to fill all four of the proxies' minds before Spring and Carnival vanished along with The Operator. The two groaned and held their heads, Hoodie leaning his forehead on Masky's shoulder. "Where'd he take them..?" Hoodie groaned out, Masky sighing in response. "Either back to their little circus tent or to their boss." He responded. "Who's their boss?" "The Operator's brother. He's named Splendorman. He's this obnoxious happy type that gives us a bad name." Masky responded, leaning his head atop of Hoodie's. "Can't be any worse than our boss." Hoodie responded, a smile under his mask as he got up and took the proxy's hand, leading him out of the room. "Do you think they'll come back?" He asked, Masky sighing. "No doubt. Carnival loves Spring so he'll do whatever it takes to make her happy most of the time. She'll most likely want to see you again." He spoke, leaving Hoodie confused. "Why me?" He asked as they reached upstairs, Hoodie's gloved hands still holding onto Masky's bare ones. "Because you look like her." Masky responded, closing the door behind himself.

"No doubt she'll become obsessed with you."