CHAPTER 7: Lost in the light's

Toby POV:

Previously***

"ok but please text me if you need me, I'll just come get you immediately, ok Link".

****"*

I knew something was still wrong with Link but I decided to just let him get a breather cuz I knew that was what he needed best for right now. But before I walk back into the crown I took one more glance at Lincoln to really make sure he was ok, and he just looked back and smiled at me and shooed me away. I made my way back into the crowd, and as I was walking through, something caught my eye. It was Xavier talking to some girl I never seen before. I don't know why when I saw that I felt like I was being punched in the gut, but I brushed it off as nothing. And made my way over to Xavier.

As soon as I was walking towards Xavier and the random girl, Xavier looked up and noticed that I was making my way towards him. " Hey sunshine, I missed you there where did you run off too, who's you with". I immediately smiled at the nickname he called me but then I realized the girl who was talking to Xavier was still there, so my gaze immediately went to her for a second to see her reaction, as I looked at her face, she looked back in forth between me and Xavier with a weird expression to what Xavier just called me, but then dropped it. I stared at the ground for a second  to ease the awkwardness, until I realized I didn't answer Xavier's question. "Ummm yeah I guess I did run off there, something came up with link and I had to make sure he was ok".  Xavier looked at me for a bit before he responded with a dry "ok, just making sure". After Xavier said that to me he leaned over into the random girl ear and whisper something causing her to kiss him on the cheek and walk away, towards her friend's.

After she left we just was in a staring contest for a bit until , Xavier moved closer. I felt like he was reading my soul. So I broke eye contact with him and looked down. Xavier  began to lowly chuckle, and took two more steps closer to me "aye why you ain't looking at me". "Umm maybe because you were literally about to take my soul, during that little staring contest we had", I giggled a little at the end. "My bad just was seeing something". I didn't know what he meant by that so I just brushed it off and said a simple "oh ok". "But fr you was checking up on Lincoln, or you was on somebody son". I looked at him dead confused 😕 before I respond. " What do you mean Xavier I told you I went to help Lincoln. "Ok , ok but that's not what I saw" at that moment I was getting upset because I had no idea what was Xavier talking about, untill I rembered Calum, who I was talking with earlier. "Wait you talking about Calum, and what does that have to do with you Xavier". I saw Xavier began to get mad, that's when he pulled me untill I was all in his face and spoke in his deep bartone voice "cuz nobody should be all up on ya, that's why". After he spoke I tried to yank my hand out of his grasph, but he was a lot more stronger than I was, and wasn't haven't it. I didn't say anything for a while until he spoke again. "Do you hear be sunshine, cuz I don't wanna repeat myself". I rolled my eyes, I took it as Xavier being on his over protective side for me, and just nodded to get him to let it go. But after I nodded he gave me a Stern glare meaning "use your words, so I said. "I understand Xavi". With me responding he let go my arm. I tried to leave but before I could finally leave Xavier said "Remember what I said". Then he let go I began to make my way towards the dance floor, but in the corner of my eye I could see Xavier watching my every move.

At this point I tried to ignore him and enjoy my time. So I started dancing and moving my hips to Kehlani's Distraction playing, as I was move my hips I felt someone come behind me, and was grinding and dancing on me. I looked back to see who it is and I saw it was a random guy I never met before, but he was really cute, so I smiled back at him, and continued to do my thing, until he leaned in to my ear, and said, "My names Michael, what's urs beautiful", I smiled at his compliment, and said "It's Toby". He smiled back which revealed his deep dimples and said "So Toby can I get your number" I thought about and decided to just give him it". After I typed my number in his phone, he called me to save my number. I saved his as well under, and he saved me as.

Me:(Michael 🥺❤️)

His: Cutie❤️💍

As I was talking to Michael, Xavier barged in between us, and staring dangers at Michael,then he put his arm and strapped over my shoulder, and looked between the both us before saying" So sunshine who's your friend. I closed my eyes and exhaled, huh. "Michael, this is Xavier, Xavier this is Michael". They both nodded at each other, then Xavier asked, " So what were y'all talking about". "Well..", but before I could finish Michael stepped in and said " I was just about ask Toby out'. It all went quite for sec. Until Xavier broke the silence, and said "let's go Toby" but before I could leave Michael grabbed my other wrist. Then said "No Toby I think you should stay, to answer my question". So now I was stuck between two of them as they both pulled me to either of their direction. For a moment I thought I was done for until I spotted Cameron, and I took this as a chance to get out this mess, so I yelled, "Camey". Cameron immediately stopped what he was doing to look for where the voice was coming from to he landed on me, mouthing the world's "HELppp Meeee". He immediately got the jist and came straight over to get me from the two. "Oh Cameron that's where you are I was looking all over for you, umm something came up with Lincoln and now he wants to see you again" I thanked the god's that Cameron can lie on his feet like that, " oh yeah.... So... Imma go help Link, ok bye, text me". I ran off so fast not before thanking Cameron. I was walking so fast out of there until I bumped into someone, I looked up and realized it was Lincoln I bumped to, and he looked flushed, and skitish. He opened his mouth and said "are you ready to go". I stared at him suspiciously, before I said "yeah, but where's Alex. "Oh shit Alex I forgot, well let's find him and get the fuvk gotta here" I agreed and carried out looking for Alex.

15 min later 🏃🏿‍♀️🏃🏿‍♀️🏃🏿‍♀️|was to lazy to write all that lol 🤣|

We eventually found Alex outside by himself at the back of the pool. Me and Link immediately ran over to Alex's side to see what happened, as we noticed he was crying, me and Link looked at each other, and pieced what might have happened, and the culprit to Alex tears ,was Dre. We both sight and tried to comfort our best friend.

To be continued......

AUTHOR'S NOTES

( Toby doesn't really understand what's going on between him and Xavier because mind you Toby is a character and a person who is very overly friendly and people could take that as him being flirtatious when he's actually not that's not his ulterior motives, that's just him being himself so referring back to to chapter where it was like in Mason POV which was the last chapter. We see that Xavier and Toby or unnecessary to close but take that in with the information I just gave you and kind of put that  together to understand why now that Toby is confused on why Xavier is acting like that.)

|But that's all I have to say bye hope you have a wonderful day ❤️❤️❤️❤️|