Time to Run

Amy

They flew out of the hotel like a bat out of hell. Struggling to keep of with Remy with her short legs, dress and very high heels. Normally she was okay running in heels but these were different then she was used to and also running for her life ! Short legs don't fail me now ! She thought as she tripped a millimeter of a second but kept up with Remy who had a plan.

Slowing down to a fast walk she could see him keeping a eye on everything as he led her farther away. Steering her to a alleyway she saw a car. Now she was not a expert or anything but this was not a normal car. Shiny black the car screamed classic and luxury. Remy unlocked it and opened the passenger door for her.

Tiredly she gingerly stepped inside carefully with her dress's long skirt. Soon enough Remy had the car flying through the streets and away from New Orleans. "You okay Chere ?" He asked. Tiredly she replied,"Algoots." (I'm good) Used to her slip ups Remy glanced at her tired form.

"Shame," He muttered. "What's a shame ?" She asked. "Remy was thinking it was a shame that dress went to waste." At this her treacherous cheeks turned red. Taking off her black mask she asked,"How did you do that ? With the cards ?Make them explode like that ?" She asked.

Remy's smirk disappeared at this. "Well Chere how do you feel about Mutants ?" Looking at him things clciked, the exploding cards, his eyes. "Well Chere ?" He asked. "I have nothing against them. They are the same as people. I don't judge," She replied truthfully. She never had anything against them because they were different.

Now the crooked smile was back. "Well Chere I'm a mutant. One day these men carried me away. Locked me away in this hell hole for two years. I escaped." Her jaw dropped as she stared at him. "For what ?"

"To experiment on my powers, for what I have no idea." 

Looking at him, a cold look in his eyes, jaw set. Gently placing a hand on his shoulder she asked,"Did they hurt you ?" The look on his face answered her question. Her heart felt like it was being squeezed. She wanted to cry.

"Where are we going ?" She asked trying to change the subject. "First we put as much distance as we can. Den we make our plan," Remy replied looking grateful for the change of subject.