Chapter two

"Hey Jere! What're you doing here alone?" He asked me. Is he..curious about me? No! No! I shouldn't trust someone or else..I might get tricked again. "Walking back home." I simply replied. He look around and his attention went back to me.

"Where's your house?" He asked me once again. I sighed and tried explaining the directs from where I live, the twists and turns, left and right. He cut me off before I could end my sentence. "Woah, woah! Calm down. Why not go in my place to warm up a bit? I can drive you off if you want to." Is he worried?

"Ah, n-no thanks, I really don't wanna be a burden--" He cut me off again. "Nonsense! It'll be fine, you won't be a burden. Come on, let's go in." The just then turn and walk to a house. Wait, it's his house? It's so close to the pizzeria!

I snapped out of my thoughts and quickly followed him. He pulled out his house keys and opened the door. He look at me for a minute. "Try to be quiet, my girlfriend's still asleep." He told me, I nodded and walked in. He opened the lights and we both removed our shoes.

His house was rather large, enough to fit two people inside. It probably have two bedrooms: for the owner and the guest. It has a large living room with a couch, flat screen TV, coffee table and other stuff you'll mainly see in a normal living room.

Mike then walk to the kitchen and I follow, watching him as he put his jacket on one of the chairs on the table and started making coffee. I just stood there, looking around. He has a small kitchen. The sink and the counter was on the corner while the table was enough to fit three people because it actually has three chairs.

"Hey Jeremy." Someone called me and I look at Mike. He was sitting on one of the tables, coffee on his hand. He was gesturing me to sit down and have a drink of coffee so I did.

I sat down and look at the mug of coffee in front of me. "T-thank Mike." I smiled and took a sip, feeling my body warm up from the cold night breeze.

"No probs, kid." He grinned then took a sip on his mug. "Say Jeremy, why'd you take the job in the first place?" He asked, setting the mug down.

"Well..I was planning on buying my own house. A small one is enough. I-I just hope to live normally, to be honest." I replied, watching the smoke that's coming out of my drink.

"How so?" He asked again and I signed. At least he's trying to know me, I guess.. " Abusive dad and miserable life." I mumbled.

"Hey, you know, if you wanted to move out so badly, why not move in--" Mike was cut off with the familiar voice on the kitchen door. My back was turned towards it and from that feminine voice, I was wishing to never hear it again.

"Mornin' babe~" I slowly turn around, only to meet a brunette girl with dark brown eyes. I was frozen in shock. So...she was...Mike's girlfriend..? He didn't know...didn't he?!

"Oh, hey Jeremy! It's been a while!" Doll grinned and walk towards me, ruffling my hair. She then walk to the extra chair which was across me. This is not good.

Mike just stood up, probably going to make a coffee for her. "How's it going Jeremy! I've never seen you since collage!" She grinned, her happy personality just made me feel disgust. She's a devil in an angel disguise.

"I've been good..things are normal and..l-life's pretty good." I chuckled, obviously that the last part from what I said was a lie. She reaches and pinched my cheek playfully. "Awww! You're still innocent like a small child! Cute!" She giggles and I let out a small 'ow' before she let go. I reached and rubbed the spot where she pinched me.

"Here's your coffee, babe." Mike set a coffee of mug in front of doll, grabbed her chin and pull her head up before kissing her. I quickly look away from the two. I was feeling something that things aren't go well.

They pulled away and Mike sat back down. "So, you two know each other?" He asked and Doll nodded. "Yeah, we're like, friends in collage!" Ouch. That hurts.

I nodded and smiled ever so fake. "Of course." He nodded and took a sip on his coffee. "Anyways, as I was saying, you can stay here at our place." I nearly spit out the coffee I was about to drink. Doll was confused for a bit but then I quickly got up. "N-no, it's okay. I-I gotta keep going now." I didn't even dare to finish my drink and quickly walk out, putting my shoes on and pushing the door open, greeting me the same cold breeze.

I didn't even dare to turn around when I close the door behind me, starting to walk back to my house again which will take me in about 25 minutes or so. I shivered and bit my lip.

I hope Mike won't end up like me, I felt sorry for him that she might treat him like me back then. Make a fake relationship then in the end, she only wants his body.

I sighed. I wonder when he's going to find out, probably sooner or later but it really doesn't matter to me. It'll be Mike's problem, not mine.

I trembled and walks faster then looking up, seeing the sky slowly brightening up as the sun started to peek out from the horizon. Dad will probably be waking up soon or something. I'll be dead.

_Mike's POV_

What's with him? I'm just asking if he wanted to stay for a bit but he just walk off?! The fuck's wrong with him?! I keep my anger in so perfectly then glanced at Doll, she was just drinking her coffee. "Hey doll." She look up at me. "Yeah?"

"Are you sure you two were best friends?" I asked, quickly finishing my coffee then getting up, putting the mug in the sink. "You really wanna know the truth?" She asked me and I nodded, curious.

"Well, he's my ex."