Chapter fifteen

_Mike's POV_

After the incident and me taking Jeremy with me, we're finally home. The guest room are now Jeremy's room and my room, well, mine. At least that bitch isn't here anymore.

I've currently left Jeremy in his room to practice of walking, or rest maybe. I decided to watch TV in the living room. Jeremy were thankful, but I still don't understand why. Letting out a sigh, I leaned back to the couch and let myself relax. Feeling something vibrated in my pocket, I pulled out my phone, someone was calling me. An unknown number.

I answered the call, hearing a familiar voice over the phone. "Took you long enough to answer."

"Vincent?"

"Yeah, who else could it be?"

"How can you call me? You're in prison"

"By the phone, you idiot, I only have one call for today."

"So what do you want?"

"Just wanted to know if Jeremy is alright and if you're doing what I've told you."

"Yes, I'm doing what you've told me, took him home and let him stay for a while."

"Is he alright?"

"Of course, he's in his room."

"That's good."

"Anything else, Mr. Over-protective-guy?"

I heard him sigh on the other side, or annoy rolling his eyes at me, before answering.

"Listen here Mike," his voice was low and growling, as if he doesn't want others to hear but me. "If you hurt Jeremy in any way possible, you'll be my next victim."

I quickly hang up, suddenly getting scared. Holy shit, he's gonna kill me if I hurt Jeremy? I don't wanna die, and I don't want to hurt Jeremy anyway.

I sighed loudly and placed the phone down next to me and stretched, yawning.

"Mike..?" A soft gentle voice just called behind me, Jeremy. I turned and see him holding the wall beside him, his legs lightly shaking. "Aren't you..going to sleep? It's already 1 am."

I smiled and got up, placing a hand on his shoulder and guiding him back to his room. "It's alright, Jere, I'm used to staying up late." We both walked in and I let him lay down on the bed.

"Thank you again, Mike."

"It's alright, kid." I smiled down at him before walking out the room, closing the door behind me. I let out another sigh, heading straight to my room, forgetting about the TV.

Oh god, what have I got myself into?

_No one's POV_

Two days pass by ever since, Jeremy having to stay in the room most of the day, getting fed and helped by Mike who work at night, cook breakfast in the morning and sleep until afternoon. The younger male would wake up and eat alone, then do whatever he wanted. Watch TV, bake, or read.

Once Mike was awake, Jeremy would be in his room already, knowing that the older male would just put him back in his room because he's still 'not healed enough'. Of course, Jeremy would complain about it but Mike insists.

The next day, Jeremy requested to visit the prison to see Vincent. Mike thought about it but soon he agreed. Both of them got into the older male's car, driving down the prison.

Meanwhile, Vincent was trying not get annoyed by much more taller, buffier men who talks about him and his murder, mocking him and making fun of him.