Dizzy

In the previous chapter...

"Ok c'mom let's go inside we are already late" she said while grabbing my hand and leading me inside the house.

"I hope I won't regret this night"

**************

The sweaty bodies were grinding against mine while getting inside the room. Sophi didn't seem bothered by it at all, she's used to parties after all. I promised myself to not leave Sophi's hand for the rest of the night not because I m scared of getting lost but for the drunk lads, who knows what they'll end up doing. We both were searching for Agustin to wish him for his birthday but he was nowhere in sight. Sophi told me that we can wish him later since he's not here right now and even if he is we won't be able to find him any soon. Hell, it looks like he has invited the whole school.

The whole room was smelling alcohol, cigarettes and sweat. We reached the main table and Sophi said me to sit here while she orders a few drinks. I said I didn't need any drinks, a coke is fine. She groaned while urging me to take a drink saying it's just a party. I couldn't just say no so I agreed to drink. She ordered 2 shots of vodka and handed it to me. I was having second thoughts as to whether drink it or not. I had a feeling that it will not end up good. But something got into me and I bought the mini glass in contact with my lips and gulped it in one breathe without thinking anything. The drink went inside my body and sent shivers down my spine.

I felt nothing the second I swallowed it but that didn't last long. I felt a burning sensation in my stomach but surprisingly I liked it for some reason. I felt free for the first time in years, I felt myself, it just felt so good to not care about what's happening around you for a while. I asked Sophi for a few more drinks, she happily agreed and poured some of it on my glass. I gulped the hard beverage again, slowly getting addicted to the flavour.

I was already on my 6th round or maybe even more than that, I was just not in the correct mind to count the number of shots I had. I was feeling really dizzy and the sight in front of me was totally blurry. It was affecting much more than a normal drinker because it was the first time. I already started feeling guilty for drinking and going to party without telling my mom and on top of this if I tell her that I even drank, she might as well get a heart attack. These thoughts were panicking me more so to distract myself I decided to take a look at my appearance. My hair was messed up a bit but I brushed it with my hand to remove the knots formed on my hair.

Sophi told me she was going to the washroom, she's been gone for more than 10 minutes. I started to panic by now because the room was too much crowded and all the boys were heavily drunk. I grabbed my bag and somehow tried to sit up erectly because I was laying my head on the counter since I started drinking. My head started hurting when I lifted it. It's maybe because of staying in the same position for quite a long time. I shakily stood up from the stool and fixed my dress before making my way to the washroom to find Sophi.

I had to go through the crowd of people even if I didn't want to and my anxiety wasn't doing any good for me. Everyone was touching each other, kissing and a few already made their way to the room. They're too young for all this stuff, I thought to myself but then again I drank and came here without my mom's permission, that makes me the same as those teens.

I didn't want to waste any time so I started walking. My steps were slow and steady because of the fear of falling. I could feel people's stares at me but I just ignored it. After reaching the washroom area I called Sophi a couple of times but no answer was heard.

"Where is she!?" I yelled in a low voice while banging my foot on the floor.

I grabbed my hair into my fists and just stood there starting to regret the idea of even coming here. I stormed outside of the restroom to find Sophi in other rooms.

It's been more than an hour but Sophi was nowhere in sight, I tried calling her but no, she might have taken an oath to not pick up my call. Sophi was probably drunker than me so I decided to go out and search for her instead of searching here.

My steps were slow and quiet as I didn't want to catch anyone's attention. I was super close to the exit until I felt a rough hand on my shoulder slightly making me jump.

"Where are you going gorgeous? His voice was low and scary.

I turned around only to meet a boy with chocolate colour eyes with a messed up hair. He was wearing a plane white shirt topped with a black stripped t-shirt and navy blue jeans.

"Umm...I m trying to find my friend Sophia, she's been gone for long" I said firmly as a sign that I didn't want to continue the conversation.

"Sophia?" He asked with scrunched up eyebrows.

"Mmhm" I said while nodding.

"I know her! She's my friend and i saw her going outside a few minutes ago, I can take you where she went if you want" He said smiling.

"Oh, that's really great and yes can you plz take me where she went?" I said kindly, accepting his offer to take me to Sophi.

"Sure" He said while pointing to the direction which I'm guessing is where Sophi had gone.

He then started walking with me behind him...

**************