12. The old brewery

"I'm confused, you guys have a brewery?" Tyler asks.

Jason laughs and takes a seat next to him.

"It doesn't belong to anyone." He says.

"Before this town was a hub for rich people the land around here was used for farming and industrial work" Jarred says from across the room.

"The old brewery is the only thing in this town that wasn't torn down and replaced with another wing of houses. Which made it the perfect place for us to party" Jenna adds.

Tyler looks at each of them and then at Jason.

"And you think the infected is hiding there?" He asks.

"The brew is far away from any and all noise from town and the city and it has giant silos filled with rain water."

"Extremely disgusting rain water. You guys remember that time Mia dared Jojo Keel to jump in it?" Jenna asks.

"Yeah...he didn't come to school for 3 months. We all expected him to die." Jarred says and shivers.

"Look the point is the place is perfect for the infected to hide in" Jason says.

"Okay awesome. Let's go there then" Tyler says.

Jason stands up and opens his phone.

"Sadly it's not that simple. Malibu Barbie is throwing a party there, which seems to already be in full swing" he says and points his screen at them.

On it Mindy is doing shots with a bunch of people cheering her on. She bites into a lemon and her face shrivels up.

"Well we won't be able to find it with them running around." Jenna says.

"So what do we do?" Jarred asks.

Jasons eyes meet Jennas and suddenly they know how.

"You. We use you" Jason says.

Jarreds expression goes from confusion to painful realisation.

"No fucking way" he says.

"Oh come on Jarred. This might be the only good thing to come from you fucking Mindys sister." Jason says.

"Okay see now that is just not fair." He complains.

Jasons stands up and puts his hand on his brothers shoulder.

"Come on big brother. You want my forgiveness, this is a good first step" he says.

Jarred sighs and runs his hand down his face. He looks back at Jason and groans.

"Fine. I'll do it" he says.

Jenna smiles and gets up.

"Great. Looks like we're going to a popular kids party"

......................

The car stops and they climb out. Jenna walks over to Jason and Tyler.

"Okay so Jarred and I will keep everyone busy while you guys search for the infected." She says.

Jarred walks over looking angry.

"You expect them to find it alone?" He says.

"Well considering how Jason and I are the only people between the four of us who can find the infected, I'd say it's a safe bet we will." Tyler says.

"And what happens when you do find it?" Jenna asks.

"We kill it and put this whole nightmare behind us" Jason says.