Chapter 3: Hate him

Y/N POV

"Come in."

That's the only thing he said before going inside.

I don't want to go inside, and I don't want to obey him. But I can't help it; I'm feeling so weak. I haven't eaten anything since the morning, and half of the day is already gone. Special kudos to my excellent weeping session, which didn't help at all; I feel like I'm going to pass out at any minute.

To be honest, I don't even have the energy to get up and walk, but I try. I stand up and walk in.

I notice him standing in front of the corridor with his straight emotionless face. I'd be lying if I say I don't want to go near and slap him. But I don't want to ruin that face.

This shows how unfair life is.

Humans like him don't deserve pretty faces.

I pass by him without glancing at him as I enter my room. I can feel his stare at me. I genuinely want to pull his eyeballs out of their sockets. But, once again, there's that face.

I walk into the room and sprawl down on the bed. I quickly sink into it and relax my muscles. I couldn't help but gasp in relief. I had no idea how difficult the day had been for me. The mattress is soft, and in no time, slumber hits me.

I wake up to my eyes adjusting to the dim light in the room. It's already dark outside; perhaps I slept for too long; traveling is exhausting.

I arranged myself on the bed to sit to glance around the room, my room, which I didn't even get to see the first time. It's tiny, with white-painted walls, a window to allow light, a small closet big enough to accommodate my clothes, a dressing table, a chair, and a bed.

Suddenly, all of the memories of how I was humiliated a short time ago came flooding back to me. I'm irritated with myself for not responding to his unethical behavior. The tears fall thick and hard, and I hide my face in my pillow," Who gave him the right to throw me out? He doesn't even stay here."

Something clicked in my head regarding how he acted so possessively about the house. Is he staying here? Is he my roommate?

"But, when I booked, they stated that my roommate would be an Asian female. I should ask the owner about this."

I dial Mrs. Smith's number and wait for her to answer.

"Hallo"

"Hello, Mrs. Smith, Y/n here."

"Oh, hello dear, did you like your room?"

"Yes, it is lovely. I adore it."

"Oh, my love, that's wonderful to hear. If you need anything, just let me know, okay?"

"Of course, Ahh... I honestly wanted to question you about my roommate. Is she not coming?"

"Oh dear, I'm sorry for not informing you sooner. The girl you were going to stay with has moved away, so you'll have to split it with Taehyung. He is a decent guy, and you won't have any problems."

(Decent? He? Huh.. decent my foot)

"Can I perhaps switch rooms? Don't get me wrong, this room is beautiful, but I believe I won't be able to stay with a guy. I hope you understand."

"Oh, is it so? None of the apartments are available for now, so I will contact you as soon as one becomes open. Can you adjust till then?" 

"I think I can do it."

"I should have informed you, but it simply passed by my mind. I apologize."

"Please do not apologize. Yes, it would have been better if you had mentioned it sooner, but it's okay either way. Please locate me another one as quickly as possible."