Chapter 25: Blind Date

Y/n POV

(This chapter is a follow-up from chapter 23)

Sorry for the late update***

"Taehyung, how have you been?" Kai smiles at Taehyung. He lends his hand to him for a handshake.

"Long time no see?" He chuckles, "Bestie?"

I stand behind Kai, looking at him and smiling. Damn, Kai is so happy to meet Taehyung. My gaze shifts to Taehyung, who is prodding his jaw. Is he not pleased to meet Kai?

Suddenly, I feel the air getting cold. This is not the scenario I thought of when I brought Kai here. I glance at Jimin for a hint, and he shakes his head as if I've done something wrong.

"Hey, no need to be hostile. We're both adults here. You can at least shake hands, buddy." Kai takes Taehyung's hands forcefully and shakes them.

"And my dear Jimin," Kai moves inside to greet Jimin while Taehyung stands on the door looking at the ground, saying nothing. He is furious, and I can feel the heat.

"Look who it is. My dear friend. Didn't you miss me?" Kai hugs Jimin, carrying the conversation.

"Yeah, it's been a while. I thought we left things on pretty bad terms." Jimin replies, not returning Kai's warm gestures. Shit, even Jimin looks pissed off.

"We did. But that was a long time ago. Can't we move past it and start fresh?" Kai says.

Jimin remains silent and glances at Taehyung to see whether he is all right. Taehyung is still standing at the door, with his back to them and his face to me. While I am still not permitted to enter the house. I'm standing there, holding all of the bags. Honestly, I'm afraid to ask someone to pick up my baggage because of the current scenario. Trust me; it's nerve-wracking.

"Taehyung," Kai says as he approaches Taehyung. "Hey, I know we didn't always get along, but I just wanted to say that I've changed a lot since then."

"Maybe we can put our differences behind us," he murmurs in Taehyung's ears, "..and let your pretty roommate come in."

Taehyung glances at me with his hooded eyes, and I can feel my feet freezing. I have a bad feeling about this.

"She's been standing outside for a very long time. Come on, Taehyung, I thought you had grown up. But you still treat girls like your pet?" 

Taehyung glances at Kai with bloodshot eyes and grabs my hand firmly, causing all the bags to tumble to the ground.

"What the...?" Before I can say anything, I find myself being taken to his room. Taehyung looks angry, so I decide to keep my lips shut and not argue.

"Why did you bring him here?" Taehyung asks, grabbing my hand sharply. It makes me wince in pain.

"Leave Taehyung. It hurts," I shake my hand away from his grasp.

"You like making me angry, don't you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"See, I don't care whoever you want to fuck, but not in my apartment."

"What?" I ask, taken aback. Where is this coming from? "Why would I fuck him? And correction, it's not your apartment. I live here too."

Taehyung remains silent and begins to fidget with his hair. We promised we wouldn't fight anymore. He is angry and not in his right mind; I should take things slowly now.

I move forward and take his hands in mine. "Listen, Taehyung; I didn't bring him here, okay? He said he is an old friend of yours and would love to meet you. He said you would be happy to meet him. That's why I couldn't stop him."