Chapter 18: Do I love you?

Y/n POV

I squint into the dawning sunlight and I swear I haven't felt this calm in a long time. The gentle breeze blowing outside causes the tent to quiver slightly, and I step outside to enjoy the breeze. The soft whispering of the boastful breeze flies through my hair, and I recall Taehyung's voice from yesterday, "You."

"Y/n, good morning."

"Good morning Jimin," I greet Jimin as he approaches, holding a water container in his hand.

"So, how was your boating experience?" He keeps the container next to me.

"Umm.. good"

"I hope Taehyung wasn't a dick."

"Honestly, he wasn't."

"I see. Do you like it here?"

"Absolutely. It's always fun to hang out with you guys."

"I know, right. Today we're heading to the west side valley. You know how great a foodie Jin Hyung is; he just heard that there are many delicious foods to eat there."

I giggle at his words, "I am eager to taste them, too."

"Taste what?"

I turn back to see one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. Taehyung, in a loose black t-shirt, with sunlight falling on his face. God save me! He is looking right into my eyes with an exciting frown on his face, and I am absolutely mesmerized. My eyes scan every aspect of his face before landing on his slightly unruly hair, making me feel the sudden urge to run my fingers through them.

"Taehyung-ah! You are late, dude." Jimin puts his hand around his shoulder and stands beside him.

"Yeah, I slept late yesterday," he replies, looking at me. I unknowingly smile at his statement because I slept late too.

"Seems like both of you had a lot of fun," Jimin says, winking at me. That one sounds a lot double meaning, to be honest. It's not like we had sex or anything; what do you mean by lots of fun. I mean, I wouldn't mind, though wait, what?

"No way!" I yell, making both the guys flinch a bit. It takes me some time to realize that stupid me actually shouted at the top of my lungs the thing I was mentally yelling.

"Woah! Y/n, "Jimin chuckles at my response.

I apologize and stoop my head. I turn to look at Taehyung and I'm even more ashamed to see him stifling his laughter.

(Dumb dumb dumb)

"There there, you kids. Do you realize how late it is?" Jin walks near us, fully dressed for today's adventure. Trust me when I say he looks handsome is just an understatement.

"Hyung, do you know Taehyung and Y/n had too  much fun yesterday?" Jimin reiterates playfully.

I have no idea why, but it's making me a little red. Although I didn't do anything wrong, yesterday was a lot fun. My eyes move to Taehyung again and I see him reassuring Jin that what Jimin is saying is untrue.
In no time, I find myself staring at him as yesterday's conversation comes back flashing in my mind.

Flashback

I implore him, slapping my thighs like a child impatiently pleading for chocolate, "Tell me the answer you found."

"Do you really want to know?" He says, his face still up towards the moon.

"Yes," I softly reply as I admire his serene face. Did I ever mention he has a killer jawline? His jawline seems like if you slide your finger down it, you'll cut it open, and I feel the temptation to test out my impulse. How the fuck can a human be so fine! He immediately turns to face me and fixes his eyes on mine. His unexpected motion startles me, and I unintentionally grasp my dress tightly. He continues to glare at me, and I try to do the same, but I just can't.