Chapter 11: Fair Game

Taehyung POV

I raise my eyes to look up at the girl behind Jimin again, only to see a familiar face.

(Y/n?)

"Your best friend? Are you referring to Taehyung's roommate?" I hear Namjoon Hyung say.

(Why is she here?)

"Woah! I never imagined the day would come when we'd meet Taehyung's roommate," Hoseok Hyung chuckles as he glances at me.

"Is she Hyung's roommate? No way! How is Hyung even controlling himself?" Jungkook says as he checks her out.

(What the fuck is she doing here?)

"Gentlemen, please allow her to take a seat first, "Jin Hyung asks as he approaches her, "Y/n, come take a seat." He takes her hand in his and invites her to sit with him.

"I know you're surprised to meet her, but I'm sure she's surprised as well. Allow her to breathe, folks, "Jin Hyung bursts out laughing.

(Do they know each other?)

"I think we should start by introducing ourselves," Jin Hyung continues, gesturing with his hands to Y/n.

She responds with a murmur and glances in our direction. Suddenly, my eyes meet with her, and I can feel a wave of desire wash over me for a split second. I'm sure I've always praised her eyes, but they're especially beautiful tonight. Her eyeliner gives those vibrant eyes the ideal depth, and I swear I can't take my gaze away from them.

She immediately breaks our gaze and looks to the side, relaxing and absorbing fresh air.

"Hello, my name is Y/n. It's a pleasure to meet you all," She smiles and introduces herself first, followed by others.

"My name is Hoseok. Nice to meet you, Y/n."

"Namjoon here; it's a pleasure to meet you."

"I am Jungkook."

"Yoongi." 

"I am Jimin, your lovely best friend," Jimin adds as he approaches her to kiss her hands. In return, she smiles shyly.

(Best friend, my a$$)

"And I am the one and only worldwide handsome," Jin Hyung declares casually, winking at her.

"Hyung, come on. Not again," Jungkook says in a tired tone, followed by waves of laughter from others.

"Oh! Why? The truth is the truth, brother. Y/n, don't you agree?" Jin Hyung inquires Y/n.

"Definitely," Y/n responds, and they both exchange a high-five.

(They seem to know one other very well, but how?)

"Thank you for having me here, Jin," she says, smiling.

"No worries," Jin Hyung casts a glance between Y/n and me, "Taehyung-ah! Aren't you happy to see her?"

(I wasn't before, but now I'm not sure)

"Hyung, you never mentioned knowing her?" I ask, intrigued.

"Do I have to know her? Isn't she, your roommate?" Jin Hyung responds, taking a sip from his glass.

"You invited her just because she is my roommate? It doesn't seem so."