Chapter 15: Just an accident.

Taehyung POV

I saw Y/n making her way to the kitchen to get the coffee.

"Tae? Is there something between you two that you're not telling me about?" With a wicked grin and a raised brow, Jimin says.

"Hmm?" I ask, blinking.

"Why do I get the impression that Y/n was blushing?"

"Was she?" I shift my gaze over to her once again. I notice her glancing at the top shelf from a distance. Will she be able to fetch it at her height? Unconsciously, a smile appears. I'm not sure why I find it endearing that a person of that stature makes my heart race as it's never done before.

I keep staring at her, watching her wiggle her head as she mulls over something and exhales.

(Cute)

"Tae? Buddy! I have a feeling something is going on between you two. Just let it all out," Jimin slams both palms on the table and exhales dramatically through his nostrils.

"There is nothing," I reply calmly as I sip water. My gaze returns to the kitchen, where I find Y/n standing on a stool, her hands still in the air.

(What is she doing?)

I instinctively leap from my chair and proceed to the kitchen, "Y/n."

She flinches a little as she looks at me surprisedly. 

"Come down. I'll get it."

(It's risky. What the hell is she up to?)

"It's all right. I've got it. Look," she adds, turning around to show me the coffee box.

Now that I think about it, did I ever mention how lovely her grin is?

I was appreciating her grin when I saw her descending towards me in a quick second.

I collapse to the ground on my back and wince as the pain engulfs me. But the pain is not alone; I'm experiencing something other, something pleasant. My lips feel smooth and velvety as if they've been rubbed against a delicious candy. To see what's going on, I cautiously open my eyes.

(Y/n?)

I lock my gaze on her as she blinks at me quickly, our lips still pressed together. It isn't the first time I've been this close to a lady, but I can't seem to shake the sensation. Is this what it's like to have butterflies? I believe I became immersed in some fantastical realm where only she and I exist. Is it possible for me to pause this moment?

Is it possible for me to lie here and feel her lips for the rest of my life?

I see Y/n blink more rapidly as she comes back to her senses. She quickly pulls our mouths apart and moves her eyes away while I lay on the floor, presumably looking like a lost puppy. I can see the strawberry tints in her cheeks, which makes me wonder, can she see mine?

There is a thick silence between us, with me looking at her speechless and her looking at me shocked.

My gaze is drawn to Jimin when he says something. "Tae! What happened to you, dude?" Jimin says as he scoops me up off the floor.

"Didn't you notice how I fell?"

"No. I was on the phone with Jin Hyung", he responds as he pushes me up to my feet.

"Are you okay, Y/n?"