Chapter 11

The last term arrived and everyone was talking about the dance. There were people asking each other out and people getting rejected and no one stopped talking about it.

I didn't have a partner yet but I didn't really mind. It wasn't prom, I wasn't worried.

One day, at lunch, Jean and Mikasa were missing at the table. Connie told us that they had the same class so their teacher was probably still talking.

"Umm... (Y/n)." Armin spoke. "Why do you have your chemistry book with you?" I looked at my hand widened my eyes when I saw the book.

"Oh, shit, I must've forgotten." I chuckled, embarrassed. "The teacher kept talking about the exams coming up and how next year we're going to be seniors so I guess I got sleepy and forgot."

Since I had almost finished eating my food, I excused myself off the table and went to my locker. When I got there, I heard two people talking quietly on another hall.

Without making any sound, I closed my locker and walked slowly to see who was talking. It was Jean and Mikasa, who seemed to be having a deep conversation.

'Is he asking her to the dance?' I thought, curious.

Mikasa then left him and Jean turned around, starting walking to where I was. Then, he saw me and I waved at him.

At first it was hard to see his face but then, when he got closer, I realized that he was furious.

"Hey...how did it go?" I spoke.

"What did you do?" He asked, angrily.

"What do you mean?"

"Mikasa is going to to the dance with Eren!" He yelled.

"Oh, that's great! Good for them." I smiled.

"No, it's not great! You broke our promise!" He yelled.

"Relax, man, these things happen. She just wasn't into you." I said, a bit scared of the way he was acting.

"You don't get it, do you? You promised you were going to help me go out with Mikasa and now, thanks to you, that'll never happen!" He furiously shouted.

"Calm down, you can just go with me to the dance, it's really not a big deal."

"Oh, my god, you are so stupid! I don't want you, I want Mikasa!" I've never seen Jean this angry before and it was scaring me. "You're not Mikasa and you never be Mikasa! Why would you even think that I wanted to go with you?"

I widened my eyes. When he said those words, I felt my heart break into pieces. Even though I didn't have feelings for him, that was still the most hurtful thing he's ever said to me. I clenched my fist and glared at him.

"What would you even say that?" I whispered, obviously hurt. He just kept staring at me with an angry look on his face. "I was just trying to help you! God, why did I even care about you? I should've never talked to you in the first place."

It hurt me to say these words to him but I didn't care anymore. I didn't give a shit if I also hurt him because I was so sick of his shit.

Who cared if the girl he liked rejected him? It wasn't my problem and it had noticed to do with me.

"Go fuck yourself, Jean. You got rejected and now you're so angry at yourself that you decided to put the blame on me! You pussy!" I yelled, almost tearing up.

"I don't want to see you ever again." He muttered. "Here's you fucking plushie. I should've never wasted my money on this piece of shit. You don't even deserve it."

He threw it at the floor and left. When I went to grab it, my anger turned into sadness and I felt like crying. I put the plushie in my backpack and ran to the bathroom, trying not to cry.

"Stop, don't cry. He doesn't deserve anything, not even your tears." I murmured while cleaning my face in front of the mirror.

I punched the walls angrily. Why did I care so much about what he told me? I breathed in and out to try to calm down since I had art class after.

'Shit. I hope he doesn't go.' I thought.

I cleaned my face and tried to look as normal as possible before the bell rang. I came to the conclusion that it didn't matter anymore and left the bathroom.

The bell rang so I walked to the classroom and tried not to make any eye contact with anyone.

Five minutes later and Jean still haven't came to class. The teacher asked me if I knew what happened but I just shook my head.

She noticed that I wasn't doing well so she came to my desk and asked me if I wanted to leave. I nodded and she let me go home.