Chapter Six- Exhausted from Living

"Kailonna fucking Spade what the hell are you doing with people like them?" Noah growled before looking at the boys up and down in disgust. Before I could utter a word, No name approached him with menacing eyes.

"People like them?" No name spits out with the same intensity as Noah. Turning to look behind me, I see Wren and Finley right behind No Name giving their silent support ready to help if anything was to go down. 

"Yeah, people like you. You need to stay away from her," Noah grits out with his jaw clenching now and again.

"Noah!" I shout whilst sending him a glare. "You get no say in who I spend my time with. What the fuck is your problem?" I sneer at him. Surprisingly not only myself but Noah as well. I was known to be shy, and how do I put this nicely? I was notorious for being a pushover, so his shock is understandable.

 "My problem? My problem is that you think it is okay to hang around people like them. How do you even know them? What the hell is wrong with YOU?!" Noah questions angrily with flaring nostrils, meanwhile clenching his fist.

"Don't Fucking speak to her like that. She did nothing wrong!" Wren surprisingly snarls out with venom lacing his tone, making me look back at him with bewilderment. I was not expecting that from him earlier. He seemed like he couldn't hurt a fly, but now he looks infuriated.

 "Yeah, your problem is with us not her. You don't have to be an asshole to Kal," Fin reasons, backing up Wren. I send both of them a grateful look silently telling them, thank you for standing up for me. I turn back around to see him even angrier than before.

"You even let them call you Kal?" Noah scoffs while rolling his eyes looking to me for an explanation. 

"Everyone calls me that it's not a special nickname, Noah. You are overreacting," I deadpan at him with a boring look. 

"You think I'm overreacting? Just wait till our brothers hear about this," Noah says while he spins around marching right up to the door to the gym. "Wait-" I got to say to stop him, not wanting him to get the rest of my family out here, but Noah cuts me off. 

"James, Anthony, Arlo get out here please!" Noah screeches at the top of his lungs. I roll my eyes while crossing my arms over my chest, knowing that my brothers are going to make this a bigger deal than it has to be. He was just giving me a ride not to mention is James's fault because he should have come to pick me up on time like he said he would.

The rest of my brothers walk up with confused expressions on their faces. "What? What is going on?" Anthony looked at Noah and asked worriedly. Not noticing me or the others in the parking lot. 

"Calm down Anthony. Don't worry so much I am sure he is fine. He probably just has a cramp or something," Arlo jokes trying to calm down Anthony. 

"Guys, I'm fine, It's Kal," Noah fumed while pointing at me.

 "What..." Arlo trails off before glancing up to meet my eyes. His eyes travel to the boys beside me not a second later.

I look at the others for their reaction not knowing how they are going to react. Arlo's dark brown eyes turn a shade darker if that is possible. As soon as Anthony saw me with the kids, his once-worried expression turned to shock. His light blue eyes meet mine again after looking at the boy beside me. He just shakes his head, making his sweaty brown curly hair shake. 

My eyes meet James's piercing honey-brown eyes. James pushes his way past Noah to make his way to me. His gaze does not leave mine, not for even a second. I feel as though he is staring right into my soul. I have never seen him act this way towards me at least. I stare right back at him with a bored look. The rest of them follow his lead and start to head over to me.