Chapter Eleven- Cursing casually

Yawning inwardly, I rubbed my eyes in an attempt to get rid of any eye boogers before walking to the hall bathroom. Flicking on the light as I enter, making my way to the toilet to use the bathroom. After I finish, I flush and wash my hands. Before I turn off the sink, I glance in the mirror. Even though I just slept for a long time, it's still easy to see the dark eye bags that lay beneath my eyes.

I open the drawer under the sink. I grab my face wash. As I squeeze a small amount onto my hands, I begin to rub in the face wash in small circles.

My skin will hopefully feel a bit better after using it. Since I'm such a dumbass, I forgot to take my face wash with me. I had to borrow some from this girl who was staying next to me in the hotel. After I wash my face, I turn on the bathroom shower to warm up the water. I grab my toothbrush and toothpaste and start brushing my teeth. I should have grabbed my toothbrush from my bag, but I didn't feel like grabbing it, so I grabbed an extra one that I found under the sink.

I get into the shower as soon as I finish brushing my teeth. After being abroad on a trip for some time, nobody ever mentions how pleasant it feels to take a shower at home. Trying to relax my muscles, I let the hot water run over my entire body. I think I'll just put everything from last night in the back of my mind for now. Until I can sneak into James's office undetected, I can't do anything since he should already be at work.

Once I get finished brushing my teeth, I undress and hop into the shower. Nobody ever talks about how good it feels to take a shower at your house after being gone on a trip for a while. I just kind of let the hot water run all over my body, trying to relax my muscles. I think, for now, I'm just going to push everything that happened last night to the back of my mind because James should already be at work and I can't do anything until I can sneak into his office undetected.

Because I've been so fatigued all the time, it has been agonizingly difficult for me to even motivate myself to perform basic hygiene. So, today I've decided that I am going to be as productive as possible. I go to reach where my stuff usually is when it dawns on me that it's still in my suitcase. "Shit," I mutter under my breath before rolling my eyes. I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and use whatever the boys have in here.

I squirt a little bit of shampoo into my hand and start to massage it into my scalp. Whatever this soap is, it smells really good. I'm kind of glad I got to use it. I might just have to steal it from the boys. I rinse that out and start washing my body. Grabbing my loofa from the shower rack, I put some body wash on it and start scrubbing my entire body.

I don't know what possessed me to do this, but it's just like my mind kept telling me to scrub and scrub because it felt like no matter how long I scrubbed, I was still dirty. I grab some more soap before going back to scrubbing. A loud knock echoes through the bathroom, making me stop instantly.

"Yes?" I yell out, hoping they can hear me over the shower running.

"Hurry up, you are using all the hot water and I have to wash the laundry." Anthony yells back.

"Okay! I'm almost done!" I shout at him before quickly grabbing some conditioner and massaging it into my hair. I turn around with my back facing the water, so I can rinse my hair once again. Whatever, it doesn't even matter anyway, I tell myself. I turn off the shower before grabbing my towel that was draped over the side of the shower. I wrap the towel around me before opening the shower curtain and stepping out. Throw my clothes in the dirty clothes basket that's in the bathroom, before opening the door and turning the light off.

I went back to my room, shut the door and lock it to change. I grab a pair of leggings and an oversized t-shirt before pulling all of my hair up into a messy bun. Walking over to my dresser I grab a pair of socks in the top drawer. Slipping them on my feet before deciding to straighten up my room. My room isn't necessarily dirty, just kind of messy, so it shouldn't take me long.

My room is average size with a big arched window on the right side of my room, facing the street when you walk in. My walls are a blue-gray color that I love. I have my bed in the middle of my room with a black comforter on it. With night stands on either side, I have my vanity pushed up against the left corner of my room and my dresser with my TV right across from it on the right. My closet is on the left side of my room that has white sliding doors. The door to my room is in between my vanity and my dresser. I have a huge gray full-body mirror to the right of my vanity right before my closet starts. I have a couple of plants scattered throughout my room and my favorite part is my bookshelf. Which is really just a pile of books lined up against the wall beside my night stand, but I like it like that and I broke my last bookshelf, so James won't buy me another one.

I start with my bed and make that up. Then I grab my suitcases and plop them onto my bed. I grab all of my closets and put them into my dirty clothes basket, and then all of the other clothes that are randomly all over the place. I put my portfolio in the drawer of my bedside table and all of my jewelry on top of the table. I grab my toiletries to go put them away.

Once I'm done with that, I put all of my jewelry in my jewelry box. Taking the last thing out of my luggage, which is a book, and grabbing it to zip it up and push it under the bed. I put my makeup back where it goes and my room is back to normal, before I mess it up again in about 10 minutes. I check my phone to see, an hour and a half has passed.

I debate if I should go downstairs or not, but it's hot in my room and I need some water anyway. I reluctantly head downstairs, making my way to the kitchen. Walking down the stairs, I see Anthony on the couch folding clothes while watching some movie. I swing my body to the left to go into the kitchen. I open the fridge, debating if I want a snack or not. I guess I was standing there too long when I hear Anthony come up behind me and grab a sprite from the fridge.

"Why are you staring at the food like it's going to eat you?" Anthony says with a laugh.

I push him by the shoulder before replying, "I'm not, asshole, I just didn't know what I wanted and don't walk up behind me like that," I grab a water bottle from the fridge before shutting the door and turning to face Anthony.

"You've got some mouth on you now, kid. I didn't think I would live to see the day of my little sister's cursing in front of me so casually," Anthony states, with a chuckle escaping from his mouth.

A small smile creeps its way onto my face before saying a small, "Me either," in agreement.

"I don't know what happened in New York, but I kind of like the new you. Just don't get into too much trouble like your brothers," he says with a smile.

"I won't." I replied back.

Arlo comes barreling down the stairs with a basketball in hand, some black basketball shorts and a green jacket. He stops midway and checks his phone before putting it back into the pocket of his shorts.

"Hey, I'm going to shoot some hoops with the boys; I'll be back before dinner." Arlo says, turning to us.

"Okay," Anthony says.

"Hey, Kal, can you throw me a water bottle?" Arlo asks me.

I just nod my head before reaching back into the fridge to grab him a drink. I shut the fridge door and toss him the bottle.

"Thanks, see y'all later," Arlo says before going to the front door.

"Bye." Anthony and I said it at the same time. "I'm going to be upstairs if you need me." I tell Anthony.

"Okay." He replies before going to the living room to watch the rest of his movie.

____________________________________

Hi guys!!

Sorry it's been so long I've just had a lot of stuff going on and I couldn't give y'all the update but here it is and it is unedited. I will go back a fix any mistakes when I edit the book once I am finished with it because I don't want to hold out on you guys too long.

If you see any mistakes or anything leave a comment!! Have a good day/night where ever y'all are at!!

Bye <3