Chapter Thirteen- Well timed showers

When we arrive home, we all load everything into the house and into the kitchen. I unpack the groceries with the unexpected assistance of Arlo. Usually, I have to force him.

"Kal, I'm putting your stuff in your room," James said.

"Okay, but can you put my tampons in the bathroom, please?"

"Yeah, I will," He says as he is going up the stairs.

Noah goes into the living room and turns on a random sports game. I swear that's all these boys watch unless it's a Marvel movie. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love a good Marvel movie, but there are better movies out there other than those specific ones. Suddenly there's a slight pounding in my head, making it difficult to focus on what I'm doing.

I sit down at the dining room table just to try to come back to my senses. God, why do I always get headaches? I hate it here.

"Hey, do you want to help me cook dinner like we used to?" Anthony asks. I replied, "Sure, no problem."

"Hey, are you alright?" Anthony questions with a slight frown on his face.

"Yeah, I'm just starting to get a headache. That's all," I groan out once more.

"Oh, okay, do you want some medicine?"

"No, I'm alright, it'll go away soon," I say, just as I'm standing up from my chair. Black dots start to cloud my vision and find it hard to stay still and not to sway. After a few seconds of rapid blinking, my vision returns to normal.

I look towards Anthony to see if he caught what is happening, but he's all too focused on seasoning the chicken for dinner than pay attention to me. I look towards Noah and he's too focused on whatever is on ESPN to notice me, either. Thank fuck.

I head over to Anthony to finally start helping him with the dinner. I really used to love cooking but now it's just like why cook if I don't want to eat, anyway. It is such a waste.

"What can I help you with?" I ask as I'm washing my hands.

"Can you grab out the butter, milk, salt, and pepper?"

"Yeah." I go to the fridge to grab the butter and the milk, then to the spice rack for the salt and pepper. I set everything down on the counter beside him.

"What else do you need?"

"That's all right this second, but you can open those cans of green beans for me and start cooking them."

I just nod my head as I look for the can opener. Once I find the can opener, I grab a small pot before turning the heat to medium. I open the cans and pour them both into the pot. I throw some salt and pepper on them before turning around and throwing the cans away. Anthony pushes me a little and when I look over at him, I see he has a wooden spoon in his mouth and two pans of chicken in his hands. He lifts his foot up and taps on the over to signal me to open it and I do.

"Thanks, Kal."

"No problem," I say with a small smile.

"We should do this more often," he says with a big grin on his face. I hate cooking now with a passion even though I used to love it. I don't want to cook, I don't want to eat. At this point, I don't even want to be in the kitchen at all. I roll my eyes in my head, knowing that I couldn't say that to him. He looks so genuinely happy I can't ruin that. So I make my smile bigger and say, "Yeah, we should. It's fun."

"Well, okay then, the chicken will take a minute, so we basically done for now."

"Oh, okay." I turn around to go upstairs, but Anthony grabs my wrist. I look back with a face that basically has a giant question mark written on it.