Chapter 12: Defiler of Taboos

There was once a man who had been given the moon's curse by demons. Wrapped in crimson garb with eyes like fire, he relentlessly pursued the demons who cursed him. As he journeyed from one pit of darkness to another, he would stop at nothing until he struck down every last demon in his path . . .

One night, he sensed the looming presence of a great demon. He swore to eradicate all demons, no matter how much of a threat they posed. Bathed in moonlight, he cried out as he drew his sword, which consumed the darkness from within its wretched steel. On that night, either the demons, or the moon itself, would feel the wrath of his blade...Wait a minute. Wrong game.

At the market, Eda and King were busy trying to sell their 'Human Collectibles', but no one was even batting towards them, even with King screaming at them.

"Partake of my free snack samples! Take it! I demand it as your ruler, the King of Demons!" To which no one even looked his way as he through the tray of snacks down in frustration. "Nyeh! Why isn't anyone paying attention to me? I'm their rightful overlord. Intellectually and such."

Eda, however, wasn't even paying attention to King herself. She was still examining the dagger that Luz was reward by the Bat Queen. She recognized it anywhere was of the Belmont's prized treasures, used the time traveler of the family and her late great friend, Victor. Both she and Luz stay up all night examining it, wondering how it even got into the Isles.

"...Did you say something, King?" She finally spoke out, to which King groaned in frustration.

"Why isn't anybody paying attention to me?!"

And it was then that Luz came by, hearing everything King said and replied "I can answer that. There's apparently a book fair in town today, and it seems to be getting the attention of every brainiac on the Boiling Isles."

"No wonder it reeks more of nerd than money as of late." Eda replied, seeing the nerds come and go.

"A fair without rides?" King asked, to which a boy suddenly showed up and shoved a book in his face, saying "Who needs rides when this can take you anywhere?"

Not amused, King throws a piece of bacon at the boys head, making a wing demon come down and swoop the boy from off the ground

"I suppose you're going to be using this book fair to search for anything on your family's history?" Eda asked Luz.

Luz replied "It's a bit of a longshot, but I can't hold back on any possible leads."

"Well, good luck. If you need me, I'm gonna find something to do to pass the time. Perhaps pickpocket a few people."

"Eda..."

"Hey, I need the money anyway." And with that, Eda was off, leaving Luz and King alone.

"So, you wanna come along, King? I'm betting there's a lot of people who you could gain worship from."

"Hmm...possibly." King said, thinking about it. "I'll go, but only if I get to ride in your hoodie!"

"Sure." Luz replied, letting the tiny demon into her hood, as they eventually headed their way towards the book fair. Luz wasted no time looking for anything that could be of use to her and her research. But so far, there was no luck, as the fair only seemed to have fictional/self-made books to work with.

"They got just about everything. A zine-making workshop, meet and greets, but not anything I could really use. Come on, King, we're wasting our time here."

"Hold on! Wait!" King yelled, grabbing Luz's hair and forcing her to turn around to a sign that spelled out "Writing Competition, Enter Today!", over two others that were signing out books to lines of people. "There's a writing competition here. You're pretty good at the stuff, not to mention drawing such insane monsters and characters. You should enter!"