Chapter 14: Secrets of the School

After their little adventure in the elements, Luz had recorded her experience of both the Ice Wizard she fought and the Slitherbeast that was no doubt still munching on the Wizard's remains. But now, something of upmost importance has called her back to Hexside, as she stands within the Auditorium with Bump and Eda, speaking about the matter in question privately.

"So what is it that you wished to talk about, Principal Bump?"

Bump replied "This may be shallow of me to ask of you, Ms. Belmont, but I need your help with a certain...pestilence."

"Oh, I see." Luz said casually. "You want me to play exterminator duty, right?"

"Well, I would word it differently, but-"

"It's cool. I get it." Interrupted, Luz. "Who knows? Might actually be kinda fun. But I do have a condition I want you to meet."

"Name your price." Bump said.

"I want to know more about a certain class that has been uprising in this school recently. The Devil Forging Class, my...acquaintance, Amity Blight, is partaking in."

Bump nodded in agreement. "The newest addition to our educational process. As you young ones would put it, it's a whole different game from Beast Keeping or Abominations. Master Desu is a particular being of sorts, but he's seemingly gained the interest of the Emperor, who wants to see a new coven made from this class."

"I only need to know what goes on in there." Luz replied. "And if this Desu is who I think he is."

"What do you mean by that, Luz?" Eda asked.

"Don't think I don't know other languages. I just need to be sure." And with that, Luz took off, leaving the two adults in the auditorium. And it was then that Eda spoke her mind.

"It's been a while, Bump. Since last, we worked together."

"What are you referring to, Owl Lady?" Bump asked.

"Don't think I don't remember you from the order, Bump." Eda replied. "You were sent there by the Emperor's Coven to keep an eye, and eventually retrieve me. But you decided to stay, after you realized how truthful the Brotherhood of Light was."

The Principal relied "...Victor's Student. I had not expected our reunion to be like this."

"Then I'm guessing your memory's getting poor. You also know as well as I do that the Devil Forgemasters are a huge problem, as they were 600 years ago. The fact that you allowed your students to learn that evil magic makes things much more problematic for us and Luz."

"Do you not have faith in the Belmont to succeed?" asked Bump.

Eda replied "I'd be lying if I said wasn't more than concerned for her safety."

"I know she'll be fine. Her lineage is one of legends after all..."

Meanwhile, Luz began walking through the halls with many new students attempting to avoid her. Ever since it was revealed that she was a Belmont, the Emperor's Coven had done everything in their power to see Luz demoralized. Not that she cared, her family was used to being on the corrupted side of law, thanks to the Church that kicked them out of their home. She was only fortunate enough to have gained friends along the way. Speaking of whom, Amity came along with a Abomination following her. The moment she saw her, she went to go greet her.

"Hey, Luz. What are you doing here?"

"Bump hired me to do a little pest control." Luz answered. "In return, I get to check out this class of yours."

"Oh, right." Amity replied. "I'm not sure Master Desu would allow you in, though. Not only is he creepy, he's really strict."

"If he is who I think he is, I know for sure he'll be more than willing to allow a Belmont to partake in his class."