003.

THE BOY IN THE CORNER

summary: you noticed carlos was all alone during antonio's ceremony and decided to approach him :)

they/them pronouns used

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━♡

antonio got his gift which was to talk to animals. everyone gathered around his room ready to celebrate. y/n stood close with their friend camilo who was busy cheering on his younger brother.

"we need a picture! everyone, come!" the head of the madrigals exclaimed.

"that's my cue. be right back, y/n/n," camilo smiled at them as he walked away with his family.

they noticed how one of the madrigals wasn't smiling, instead he had a mischievous smirk as he posed similarly to camilo. it was carlos, camilo's twin. y/n never talked to him and he never talked to them. every time they tried he would either give a short response before leaving or not respond at all.

after the picture was taken, y/n kept their eyes on carlos and watched as he walked away quickly, blending in with the crowd.

camilo soon returned with a big plate, offering y/n some food. they gladly accepted and glanced around the room to find carlos again.

"what are you looking for?" he asked, munching on his food.

they shook their head as they couldn't find carlos' tall frame amongst the others, glancing back at camilo, "uh, nothing. also what did i tell you about eating with your mouth open?"

camilo wiped some crumbs off his cheek sheepishly, "um... not to?"

y/n rolled their eyes playfully at him, "i'm gonna go get some fresh air, okay?"

he nodded and y/n walked away to continue their search for carlos. they walked around and eventually found him in the corner, leaning back on the wall. he had his head down, ignoring everything else in the room.

"hey," y/n walked towards him.

he looked up startled before clearing his throat, "um.. hey? shouldn't you be with camilo?"

y/n shrugged, "you looked like you needed some company."

carlos scoffed, "just leave me alone, y/n."

they frowned and carlos began to walk away. they grabbed his wrist quickly, pulling him back to them. he looked down at them, blushing lightly at how close they were.

"dance with me," y/n said suddenly.

carlos stared at them and glanced around the room, shuffling nervously, "no."

they chuckled, "what? are you embarrassed?"

he quickly put up his tough facade, "no, i just don't dance, okay?"

"hm. okay. do you want to go outside?" y/n questioned.

"why can't you just leave me alone?" carlos said annoyed.

they don't respond, dragging him out the room. they could hear the music from inside.

"now we're all alone. dance with me, niño bonito."

he looked down embarrassed at the pet name. y/n grabbed his chin lightly and made him look at them, "oh so you like it when i call you that?"

carlos stared at them, not responding. when has y/n ever gotten this bold?

they moved his hair so they can see him fully, "hm, i think you do."

he pushes their hand off, "fine. i'll dance with you."

y/n smiles victoriously as carlos hesitantly puts his hand on their shoulder. they noticed his hesitation and puts his other hand on their waist.

they began to move and sway to the music. carlos slowly got comfortable with y/n, chuckling slightly to their jokes.

(i actually dont know how to write dancing scenes so bear with me now)

carlos twirled y/n, y/n laughing softly. their laugh was music to his ears. they danced and danced until the song was over.

"that was fun," y/n said afterwards.

"yeah," he nodded. it was silent for a bit as they stared at each other.

they began to lean in. carlos looked in y/n's eyes for any conformation that they wanted to stop. they didn't. he made the first move, pressing his lips against theirs. their lips moved in sync as carlos grabbed their waist, y/n tugging on his hair. they pulled away eventually for air and they smiled at each other. they hear someone clearing their throat and turned around to see camilo with a smirk.

"so how was the fresh air, y/n/n?"