023.

KISS IT BETTER (REQUEST)

summary: carlos is angry (of course) after a fight and hits y/n on accident

they/them pronouns used

tw: violence/abuse on reader??

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━♡

carlos was straddling the boy's waist, punching him in the face repeatedly. there were crowds of people surrounding them, most of them just stood and watched while some people cheered carlos on.

carlos had blood on his knuckles at this point and he didn't seem tired at all as he continued. suddenly there was thunder cracking. pepa and felix were pushing through and people immediately made room for them.

pepa had a scowl on her face while felix went to grab carlos.

"ay! let me go!" carlos yelped in his dad's arms. "papa, let me go!"

he was squirming, kicking his legs up and down but felix kept a strong grip on him. he suddenly stopped when he saw the look on pepa's face.

"mama..." carlos mumbled fearfully.

"carlos madrigal!"

thunder cracks loudly.

-

pepa dragged carlos by his ear. him and his parents were going back to casita.

"dios mío, you never behave!" pepa scolded and let go of his ear as they walked inside. "always fighting and fighting!"

"pepi, it's okay," felix tried to calm her down. he then leaned closer to carlos and whispered to him. "you did win the fight though right?"

carlos nodded. felix raised his hand up for a high-five and carlos gave it to him graciously. pepa's cloud darkened and the two stopped.

"don't encourage this!" she shook her head at felix. she then looked at carlos disappointed. "carlos, you need to stop fighting. it's not good."

carlos huffed and crossed his arms, "whatever."

pepa frowned at him. carlos started walking up to his room. "where are you going?" she asked. he doesn't respond and continued walking away.

-

carlos sat down on his bed, still upset. he was still huffing and puffing from all the adrenaline the fight gave him. that boy was badmouthing his family and y/n so he had to give him a good beating. he wouldn't care if the boy was badmouthing him but if it was about his family and/or y/n, that's where he loses it.

he looked at his mirror and took in his appearance. he had a black eye and a cut on his lip. his clothes and curls were messy. he looked down at his knuckles, seeing the dried blood and the forming bruises.

carlos then heard a knock on the door. he sighs, "come in."

the door opens and he sees his lovely partner walk in. y/n had a worried look on their face, "i heard what happened."

"of course you did," he rolls his eyes. "the whole town will probably talk about it for the rest of the week."

y/n frowned, noticing how upset he was. "do you want me to leave?" they questioned.

carlos shook his head, "no. stay."

they nodded and walked over to his bed, sitting down next to him. carlos watched as they cupped his cheek, "let me see your injuries."

they analyzed his face, looking at all the bruises. carlos lets them. y/n pushed the group of hair covering his eye. their frowned deepened as they touched the small cut on his lip.