031.

MIND GAMES

summary: yandere!reader. reader assures that they are the only person carlos needs.

they/them pronouns used

y/n is from another magical family and has a gift. they have telekinesis, telepathy and mind control, etc (basically they're like wanda maximoff). reader would go full on MoM wanda if they wanted to tbh

tw: dark themes, manipulation, regular yandere stuff

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━♡

y/n usually watched carlos from afar, way too scared to actually talk to him. they've seen how bad everyone else treated him. they've heard all his bad thoughts, thoughts where he expresses how much he hated himself. they've heard all of his insecurities.

what this ever growing feeling they had for the madrigal boy was not love. it was obsession.

sometimes at night, when everyone was asleep, y/n would sit by his window and watched as he cried himself to sleep. and sometimes, when he's in a most vulnerable state they would get inside his mind. whisper in his mind, tell him sweet nothings. carlos didn't know who or what was doing this to him but he would admit that it made him feel better. even in his dreams he would hear that voice.

today was once again not an easy day for him. a shopkeeper was yelling at him for simply existing. he just wanted to get some bread and all he got was insults in his face. carlos just wanted to feel normal for once, be treated with respect but he just couldn't have that.

y/n watched the whole thing happen, fury rising in their body. they tilted their head slightly as their eyes glowed red.

"okay sorry, señor," carlos scoffed and began walking out of the store. he pushed past y/n, his long legs dragging him towards the river he always hanged out at. his mood for today was completely tarnished.

y/n quietly followed him to the river. carlos didn't seem to notice them at all as he was busy trying to wipe his tears away.

why do i have be treated like i'm some monster? he thought to himself, feet stomping angrily on the ground. they praise everyone else in my family but not me. i'm just the 'evil' one.

carlos huffed as he sat down by the river. the river was his safe place, he was able to cry in peace without any interruption.

y/n hid behind a tree, their eyes trained on carlos' shaking figure. he cried and cried in his hands. his head shoots up as he begins to hear their voice again.

"they don't deserve you, carlos," they said in his mind. "if only people could see the real you."

carlos sniffled as he wiped his tears.

"i've seen what happened to you," y/n continued. "i can kill him for you. would you like me to do that?"

he widened his eyes slightly, "¿perdón?"

"i can kill him for you. all i need is your permission, mi amor."

carlos swallowed thickly, feeling an anxious feeling rising. he turns his head, trying to look around the river for this mystery person. "w-who are you?" he questions.

"someone."

"okay, someone, what's your name?" he rolled his eyes slightly. "show yourself, coward."

y/n sighed as they stepped out from behind the tree. carlos heard footsteps and turns his head again. he furrowed his brows at them, "are you the voice?"

"what would you do if i said yes?" y/n responded, taking a step towards him.

he steps back on instinct. "you told me that you would.. kill him," carlos mumbled. "why would you do that?"

y/n laughed heartlessly, "because, mi amor, these people have hurt you. i'm only doing you a favor."

he shook his head. "no," he said. "no, no, no! this is fucked up! i mean.. i hate them too but i wouldn't go as far as to kill them."

that seemed to upset y/n, a frown forming on their face. they walk closer to him. carlos started to breath more heavily as they got closer and closer. he flinches as they cupped his cheek.

"you don't understand, do you?" y/n asked, watching his facial expression. "i am your savior, carlos. you need me and only me."

carlos shook his head, shrugging their hand off of him. "stay away from me!" he exclaimed. he tried to get away but gasps slightly as he was held back.

he was forced to turned around, seeing y/n with their hand outstretched. a red mist coming from their hand as their eyes glowed red.

"you're mine, querido," y/n smiled at him sinisterly. "soon enough you'll see that you belong to me."

A/N
trying to get back into writing for the encanto fandom so heres a lil taste of yandere reader teehee
i apologize for not updating a while,, i have other fanfics to work on. my stranger things fixation has made a comeback and kicked my encanto fixation in the face 💀