018.

BETTER THAN HIM

summary: carlos sees how badly camilo treats you, he assures you that he can treat you better

they/them pronouns used

warning that camilo is extremely ooc in this, i love camilo hes my beloved but... its for the plot yk 🙁

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━♡

when y/n and camilo first got into their relationship, they were happy. they were young and in love. as time went by it seems like camilo has lost the idea of their relationship.

camilo always wanted to show y/n off, like a prize. and while y/n was flattered they also felt like he was doing too much. camilo wasn't the nice boy y/n met when they were 15 now. he was cocky, extremely cocky, and never treated y/n like he should. he always treated them like a toy on display just for him.

camilo took advantage of them, took advantage of their kindness and their patience, took advantage of how emotional they were. he constantly manipulated them, saying things like he needs them and that there was no one like them. all while he is flirting with other girls behind their back. and when y/n brought it up, camilo immediately starts getting angry and defensive. they were tired of it and it showed.

they were 18 now and y/n was unhappy. the thought of a healthy relationship with camilo was a joke to them now. 15 year old y/n really didn't know what they were getting into.

"she's just a friend, mi amor," camilo begged as y/n stormed out of his room.

carlos and dolores were outside chatting. the siblings looked up to see all the ruckus going on.

"oh really?" y/n scoffed, turning to look at camilo. "friends don't fucking flirt with each other and kiss."

"it was just a kiss on the cheek," he defended.

"no, camilo, you pull this all the time!" they fumed. "normally i wouldn't care, but this keeps fucking happening over and over. i'm tired of your bullshit!"

"mi amor, please."

"don't 'mi amor' me."

carlos clenched his jaw, upset about what he was hearing. dolores noticed and smirked to herself.

camilo noticed his siblings watching and got angry, "look at that you're causing a scene! always being so dramatic."

y/n turned around and saw them. they both had remorseful looks on their faces. they looked back at camilo who had his arms crossed. "oh, i don't care. let them watch. let them watch their señor perfecto camilo get absolutely wrecked into tears," they let out a cackle. "i don't wanna keep doing this anymore, i wanna break up."

camilo's eyes widened, "¿que?"

"you heard me, camilo," y/n said.

mirabel walked into casita and saw camilo and y/n upstairs. she looked confused and looked up at dolores. dolores shrugged at her. 'again?' mirabel mouthed to her. the older girl nodded.

y/n was already walking down the stairs and camilo was following them like a desperate little girl asking her mother for a toy. camilo was spitting out excuses and apologies but they ignored him, continuing to walk away.

"baby, please," the boy was crying at this point, having a grip on their arm.

"don't call me that," y/n shoved him off of them. "we're done."

mirabel was now standing next to carlos and dolores. "this is way better than tio bruno's telenovelas," she said. dolores and carlos hummed in agreement.