LAVENDERS BLUE, james potter

TITLE: Lavenders blue* 

LOVE INTEREST: James Potter

OC: Florence (Flossie) Ravenclaw

YEAR: Seventh*

STATUS: Open

 DESCRIPTION: In which James Potter falls for the last descendant of Rowena Ravenclaw 

𝙤𝙧

in which Florence Ravenclaw tries to escape the curse of Rowena Ravenclaw by using the boy on fire

SUMMARY: 

       ➼ ...𝙃𝙊𝙒 to accurately describe the curse of Rowena Ravenclaw? 

       Well, in Florence Lovegood's words exactly- a fat pain in the arse. The curse limits her ability to have any romantic interactions whatsoever with men lest she turns herself into- well, a ghost. 

       Centuries ago, a scorned and shame ridden Rowena Ravenclaw vowed to never love or be loved by a man again after Godrick Gryffindor tore her heart to pieces. What was it Moaning Myrtle cried in the girls bathroom late at night- hell hath no woman like Rowena Ravenclaw scorned? Sounds about right. 

       Now cut to present day Hogwarts. Flossie's an outcast, the talk of the school. The last surviving descendant of Rowena Ravenclaw? That's got to mean something right. Flossie can't remember a time when her name wasn't plastered all over Angela Skeeter's Witch Weekly magazine. 

       Rumours hang over her like a thick, impenetrable cloud. No one knows what the curse of Rowena Ravenclaw actually is, save for the Ravenclaw bloodline themselves, yet speculation surrounding it was always the hot topic at Hogwarts. 

       It's only when on one rainy day, when James Potter saves her from a bludger to the head that Flossie realises what a waste her life has been and will continue to be. Despite that, the depressing fact still remains, it's not like she can do anything to change her fate.

       The only question that remains, is how far would she go- how much would she risk, for if Flossie gambles too much and allows James Potter to fall in love with her, she'll fade from existence entirely and experience something worse than the fate of certain death. Being a ghost- forgotten and alone for eternity. 

 NOTES:

        ➼...𝙉𝙊𝙒, Flossie has already accepted the fact that she'll end up miserable and alone like her mother and her mothers mother, and so forth, yet she can't help but wonder what love actually feels like. The thought was a dangerous tightrope to walk, and yet Flossie can't help herself wander down it.