Chapter 29

Ashton's POV

Luke threw the silver over Michael's father and everyhting just went... wrong.

Michael's father yelled and the fire got stronger around him, but it wasn't him I was worried about. It was Michael.

He was sitting on his knees beside us and the next thing was he gritted his teeth, grabbed the sides of his head and fell to the ground.

"Shit." I said, getting on the ground beside him.

"Michael, look at me." I said, grabbing the sides of his face, forcing him to open his eyes.

"What's happening to me?" He yelled, as a jerk went through his body. I saw Luke run over to us and I handed him a small first aid kit I had in my pocket.

"Help Calum." I said and Luke nodded, crawling over to were Calum was.

"Michael, what's wrong? Tell me where the pain is." I said and Michael shook his head, and I saw tears form in his eyes.

"Everywhere." He choked out, rolling onto his side, his hands now moving to grab his stomach.

"What's happening to him?" I heard a voice from behind me say and I turned my head around to see Hannah.

"Nothing, Hannah. It's okay, just help Luke with Calum." I said, pointing over to where Calum was. I couldn't let Hannah help me with Michael. If she did, then the love she feels for him could ignite and that would end badly for all of us.

That is why Michael stabbed Calum. I knew that Hannah didn't fully hate Michael. So we needed to do something that would garuntee that she would hate him. Also, Michael didn't stab Calum so as it would give him any serious injury. That was the plan. Michael would stab Calum in a part of muscle above his stomach, it would make him bleed, but it would not cause him a fatality.

But it looked bad. Which is what we needed Hannah to believe.

"No, Ashton. Calum seems fine, the wound isn't as bad as we first thought..." She said and I turned to her again and I licked my lips once.

"Please, Hannah." I said and she opened her mouth, as if she was going to say something but she shook her head and went back over to Luke.

I looked down at Michael again and shook him slightly, trying to keep him focused. I had no idea why he was suddenly in so much pain. It was a complete enigma to me. He loved Hannah and Hannah hated him. The spell shouldn't affect him...

Then it suddenly hit me.

Michael hates his father.

I knew he would never stop hating his father because of what he did to his mother, Hannah and himself but I didn't think the hate would ever outweigh the love he had for Hannah.

But as he was crying in pain before me I knew that that was the case.

"Michael." I said, bringing my face close to his, begging him to listen to me.

"You hate him... more than you love Hannah?" I said and Michael refused to answer me and he turned his face away. I grabbed a handful of his hair, turning him back around to look at me and tears started to well in his eyes again.

"Answer me!" I yelled at him and he let out a choked sob.

"What do you want me to say, Ashton! That maybe I hate that bastard that has made my life a misery more than the girl who I love who now hates my guts?" He said and I shook my head, swallowing hard.

"But you do, don't you?" I said and he swallowed, nodding his head, closing his eyes and I saw a tear fall down his face.

"Michael, do you not realise that this isn't ideal right now? You are hate in this equation and we managed to make them opposite... I need you to remember how much you love Hannah, you need to battle this." I said and Michael breath started to come out shakily.

"Ashton. That man killed my mother. He killed me. And he killed Hannah. How can I possibly feel anything but hate for him Ashton?" He cried and I ran my hands through my hair. This was bad. If Michael couldn't get rid of these feelings then he is going to die as well.

"Michael... just think about all the feelings you have for Hannah. Think about how she makes you feel. Think about the first time you told her you loved her. The time she told you that she loved you. Remember when she kissed you. Think about that when she died, she came back for you and you only. Just think about all those things, Michael. Bceause if you don't... you're going to lose her forever." I said and Michael looked up at me and I saw his eyes move over in the direction of where Hannah was tending to Calum's wounds.

"That's just it, isn't it Ashton? My whole life I've wanted a love like Hannah and I have, but this whole thing is my fault. When she first moved in here I was going to kill just so she could be like me. How selfish is that?" He said and I pressed my lips into a thin line.

"I've messed everything up between me and her. And maybe you think I would be string if I was to go after her and try to make up for all the things I have done to her. But I'm not going to. And if that makes me weak, then fine, I'm weak but... I need her to be happy. And if this spell works and she becomes human then she can move on and find someone better than me." He said and I grabbed his face, shaking him hard.

"Snap yourself out of this sacrifical state! Hannah doesn't want you die and neither do I!" I whispered fiercely to him and I was about to turn around and get Hannah, to try and talk Michael out of this and I felt Michael grab my wrist.

"Don't! If you make her come over to talk about our relationship..." He said and I sighed. He was right. That would Hannah would posiibly die as well.

But I couldn't let Michael die. He was my bestfriend.

Then it clicked and my eyes stung with tears as I realised what I could only do.

I could only save one of them...

A/N

.........

What do you guys think will happen??