Twenty-Two

A/N: okay so the song above is by Sarah Conner and came out in 2002 but we're going to pretend it isn't and didn't. It was listening to it all day yesterday and had to use it.

There was only a week left of school until I graduated. Stu ended up staying around like he said he was going to. He risked taking me to and picking me up from school everyday and even taking me to work. When I would walk out of school he would be leaving on the side of his car, legs crossed at the ankle, arms crossed over his chest. It was amazing how no one seemed to recognize him. 

"Hey, y/n!" 

I was standing at my locker getting ready to close it when I heard someone calling my name. I turned my head to see Tiffany running towards me. I had become friends with her and her friend group a couple months ago. "Hey, Tiff," I said as I closed my locker. 

"Hey, are you going to the party on the beach  tonight?" 

There was a big party a couple of the seniors were throwing on the beach tonight to celebrate us finally graduating. It was really just an excuse to get drunk and high. "Um... I don't know." I haven't been to Stu's party. "Come on. It'll be fun. Plus... we need a singer." I shook my head and started walking away. "No way. No. I can't sing." 

Tiffany scuffed as she caught up to me. "That's bullshit. I've heard you when you thought nobody was around. Stacey is going out of town with her parents and we need someone to sing one of the songs. You're perfect for it. Please!" She begged. 

"Fuck it. Fine!" I said, rolling my eyes. She squealed and hugged me then ran off. "Thank you! I'll call to pick you up later!" She called over her shoulder. I laughed and headed outside. As always Stu was there waiting for me. 

I started to head towards him when someone blocked my way. I looked up to see Jason standing in front of me. "Hey, y/n. Are you coming to my party?" He asked. I looked around him to see Stu standing to his full height reading to walk over here. "Umm. Yeah. Tiff asked me to sign since Stacey is going out of town." He smiled and looked me up and down. "Great. I--" I cut him off before he said any more. "Look, I have to go." 

I walked around him and quickly walked over to Stu and wrapped my arms around his waist to stop him walking any further towards the school. "Lets go." 

His arm wrapped my waist and a hand tilted my head up to look up at him. He leaned down and kissed me possessively, his other hand slipping from my waist to my ass and pulling me closer. I had no doubt it was to prove a point to Jason that I was off limits. It was better than Stu gutting him later. 

I leaned away and looked up at him. His eyes were on Jason who was still behind us. I turned to look over my shoulder to see Jason's hands balled into fist, glaring at Stu. It was clear he didn't know who he really was looking at. "Come on. My dad won't be home for a couple hours yet." I pressed my body into Stu, making him look down at me. He smiled and kissed my forehead. "Give me this," he said. His hand pulling my backpack off my shoulder and putting it on his before he leaned down and tapped the back of my thighs. I rolled my eyes but jumped letting him lift me up so my legs could wrap around his waist. It was only so he could further prove his point. 

Stu stayed at the house with me making sure he made sure to let me know I was his. I wasn't going to complain. He left ten minutes before my dad got home. "Hey, dad. Tiffany coming to pick me up soon," I walked into his office and stood in front of the desk. "Where are you going?" He asked. I bit my lip and started to fidget. "The senior party." He looked up at me with concern. "I'll be fine, dad. Tiffany and her band need someone to sign one of the songs because Stacey is going out of town with her parents. It's on the beach and the whole school will probably be there. Nothing's going to happen," I said. He took a deep breath and nodded his head. "Alright. Stay safe and if you need to leave, call me." 

Twenty minutes later Tiffany was outside. I had grabbed what I was going to wear and headed out. At her house we rehearsed the song I was going to sing and she didn't do my hair before we got dressed and headed to the party. I am full of anxiety. My body was sending off all kinds of alarms to not go. Not being at a party since Stu's. It was hard to not be scared of what could happen. "Hey. It'll be okay." I jumped at the voice and looked up at Tiffany. "Look. I know you having been to a party since... but everything is going to be fine and we're going to have a fucking amazing time. After we do this song and the DJ takes over, we can go dance and drink." 

Jason was a rich boy in the school now. He was the one that threw the parties now. He always bragged that his parties were better than Stu's but he was wrong. Stu had the most iconic parties in Woodsboro. The beach was packed with high school kids. Everyone in the school was here. It was insane. They had a stage set up like it was a fucking concert. That's how Jason did his parties. Stu's was more traditional. They were always held at his place and they were laid back and went on until the wee hours of the morning. 

 "Alright, everyone! Let's give it up for our own little town band!" Jason yelled. People cheered and hooted. I was told this song I was singing was written by Sarah Knightly, Jason's ex-girlfriend. He had cheated on her in the beginning of the year and she ended it. Tonight she wanted the song sung but she didn't want to do it. So here I am on stage in front of hundreds of high school kids. Lucas and Trey went out and the intro to the song then the band started then it was my turn. 

The crowd was screaming and cheering as I started. Lucas and I do interact with each other. The moves were choreographed perfectly. If Stu was here he would have been pissed with how close Lucas was to me right now. My fingers lightly slid down his jaw before pushing him away. His arm was wrapped around my waist, our bodies close as we faced each other before backing away. When the song ended everyone was screaming. And just as promised the DJ took over and Tiff grabbed my hand and we made our way into the crowd of teenagers jumping up and down, grinding on each other, and drinking. 

Our hands were laced as we danced our way into the crowd. It was actually very freeing. All the anxiety that I had early faded away. When left unsupervised teenagers could get out of control. Everyone is grinding on each other. Tiffany was in front of me, her back to me as we grinded together. She turned around yelling that she was going to go get us some beer and then left me alone. I was lost in the music and letting myself just be a normal teenager for once when I felt an arm wrap around my waist from behind and a body press flush up against me. Panic took over before the one voice that could calm me and spread terror through me whispered in my ear. "Calm down, baby. It's just me." 

My head fell back on his shoulder as he pulled me closer to him, his arms tightening around me. His lips brushed against my neck. My arm went up to wrap around his neck. I could feel his hardness against my ass. I should have known Stu would follow me here. He was always keeping a close eye on me. "Think you can just come to a party without me knowing. I can't let you be around these pre-ejaulated assholes dressed like this, Princess." His hand trailed over my body. Traveling up my thing tank top, back down to my hips, and then to the bottom of my skirt. His hand traveling up my thighs under my skirt before they went back to my hips and spun me to face him. 

One hand stayed on my waist and then went to my ass, pulling me against him. I looked up at him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "You shouldn't be here. Someone could recognize you." He rested his forehead against mine, looking into my eyes. "I wasn't going to let you come to a party this big with a bunch of drunk assholes who would care if you said no. Besides the last party you were at..." He trailed off. I pulled him down and connected our lips. I had to admit having him here made me more at ease. It felt like nothing and on one could touch me. Which they couldn't because if they did, they would be gutted and hung up. They were in the presence of one of the Woodsboro killers and didn't even know it.