Twenty

A/N: Hey, sorry I haven't posted. I've been caught up in reading and I'm also writing my own novel so I've been preoccupied

It was Christmas break which meant Sidney and Randy came home for the holidays. I haven't seen or talked to Stu since the morning he drove me to school before going back up to the cabin. I didn't know what that meant. I was afraid to know what that meant. Sidney told me all about this Derek guy. A year above her, he was in a fraternity, a med student. He was everything Billy wasn't. I couldn't see why Billy left Ohio. She talked about this guy like he placed the stars in the sky. She told me about roommate Hallie, who was studying psychology. When she started going into the story about the first date Derek took her on, I zoned out. 

"Y/N! Hello. Earth to Y/N!" I snapped out of my thoughts looking at Sidney. She gave me a concerned look. "Sorry," I whispered. "Can I ask you something?" She said, looking at me with confusion and concern now. "Yeah, what's up?" 

"This Tim guy-- his name wouldn't happen to be Stu Macher would it?" My eyes widened and I let out a nervous laugh. "What? No. No! Why would you think that?" I asked. My palms started to sweat and I felt like my lungs were deprived of oxygen. "Because I saw him and Billy back at school." 

**What the fuck did she just say?** 

"Wha--what?" I couldn't form a coherent sentence. "Before I came home for thanksgiving, I saw them sitting in a black BMW across from my dorm building. I didn't recognize them at first because they've changed their looks just enough but then I saw the blond hair and blue eyes like you described. And then my eyes met Billy's." I felt like my heart had stopped. 

**Is that why I haven't heard anything from him? Or why I haven't seen him because he was in Ohio.**

"That-- that's ridiculous, Sid. Why--why wouldn't they be at the school? There's-- I don't understand." I could feel the panic start to consume me. My breath was labored, my chest heaved up and done. "Hey. Hey, y/n, breath. It's okay. Hey, it's okay. I'm not going to say anything to anyone." Sidney's hands were cheeks forcing me to look at her. "Deep breaths. Deep breaths." 

After I calmed down and we sat in silence for what felt like forever, I finally caved. I told her everything and then I begged for her not to run to the cops. I told her I knew how crazy and stupid it was to want to be with him. I knew how fucked it was to love someone that not only killed people we know but tried to kill me as well. 

"To be honest with you I felt like someone was always watching. I would get a call from the same number, at the same time, at 11, every night. But when I would answer nobody said anything, it was just silent. But I had a gut feeling it was Billy. I didn't want to say anything. I didn't want to believe it and I didn't think anyone else would believe me. When you told me you thought someone was watching you I didn't believe you and I'm sorry."   

I shook my head, waving her off. "That night I came home from prom, there was a rose on my bed and a note." She raised her eyebrows and asked, "what did it say?" 

"You looked so stunning tonight, baby. I wish I would have been the one to take you to prom again. I'm sorry for everything. I hope you can forgive me one day. I love you. xx"

A tear slipped from my eye and ran down my cheek.  "It kind of just went from there. One night I was working until closing time and dad was supposed to pick me. Stu came to the store after Karen left. He wanted to explain everything to me from the beginning. I was about to call dad but he called the store after I didn't call right after my shift. He ended up having to go to an expo in New York so Stu took me home. Then he came inside and started to explain everything. Eventually it got too overwhelming so I decided to go to bed and I let him sleep on the couch. The next morning when I woke up and came downstairs he had made breakfast then took me and picked me up from school. That's when I made the stupid decision to go up to the cabin with him." 

I smiled at the memory of going to the old 50s style drive-in restaurant and then staying for the movie. "We stopped at this old fashioned 50s drive-in restaurant and then went across the road to the drive-in theater. It was amazing. It was like nothing in the past two years had happened. Things only got better. But when we got to the cabin we decided to get in the hot tub and while Stu was downstairs the phone in the kitchen rang. When I answered-- it was Billy and I made the mistake of tell him about himself. He was screaming about killing me and blah blah blah. Stu came inside and I handed him the phone. 

"I hate to say it but I kind of used the fact that Stu is so easy to manipulate. And told him I didn't say anything to Billy that he just went off when he heard my voice. Stu went into protective mode when he was talking to Billy. Later that night I couldn't sleep so I crawled into his bed. Sid, it-- it felt great to be in his arms again." 

"Well, what happened the rest of the weekend?" She asked. She was invested in this story so I told her everything that had happened. How Billy showed up and had a knofe to my throat and how Stu and I had sex. I told her about the conversation I eavesdropped in on. The conversation I tried to have with Stu on the way home that only ended up with us fucking in the car. Now I was crying and admitting how hurt I was feeling that I have seen or talked to him since the morning he took me to school before he left. 

The next, on Christmas, Randy, his sister, and his parents came for dinner. After dinner we sat in my room. Well, I sat on the bed while he stared at his favorite poster. "Still a creep. Glad nothing has changed." He turned his head and glared at me. "So, what have you been doing?" He asked, still not moving away from the wall. "You know, school and work," I said. "Oh! Karen asked about you." That got his attention. He spun around his face, struck with horror.."What? Why? What did she say? What did you say?" He asked frantically. "Whoa. Calm down, dude. She just asked how you were and to tell you to give her a call. I think she really likes you. Maybe you can make babies with her." I tried to hold in my laughter at his twisted up face. "I'll pass." 

Later that night I laid in bed staring up at the ceiling. Sideny and dad had gone to bed a few hours ago. Sidney will be going back to school tomorrow. My phone rang, making me jump a little. I quickly picked it up not wanting it to wake anyone. 

"Hello?" I whispered. 

"Hey, baby. Is it safe to come up?"